Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username was changed?

Solved!

My username was changed?

I registered as "500knives" but I have to log in with some gibberish name that read as "mmu0k6divz9f6bscmywduzcea"? I literally cannot login with my email or 500knives. So, what gives? I can't change my username, so...

gobber.PNG
500.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @500knives,

It looks like you were able to add a display name to your account when signing up. Your username on your user profile will still show as 500knives, and any playlists made by you will show as made by 500knives too.

Hope this helps to clear things up. If you have any other questions, let me know.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @500knives,

It looks like you were able to add a display name to your account when signing up. Your username on your user profile will still show as 500knives, and any playlists made by you will show as made by 500knives too.

Hope this helps to clear things up. If you have any other questions, let me know.

MaximSpotify Star

Yeah, I get that, but I can only sign in with the gibberish username it apparently defaulted to. Not "500knives" or even the email I have attached to it. It says it's incorrect or doesn't exists.

Yeah, that's right.

You can always create a new account at https://spotify.com/signup for another username.

MaximSpotify Star

Yup, exactly what I did. What a mess.

can people search up my username still and find my account 

Suggested posts