Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username won't show up on search

Solved!

My username won't show up on search

Hi! My account stoped showing up on searches. It wont find neither by username or real name. It was working just fine and suddenly it just stopped. I can still get there but I have to find a playlist first and then going to the profile. The account is linked to my fb. Any help on why this happen and how can I make it visible again on search?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There's not much you can do except wait. The more followers you have, the more likely it is that your profile will show up in Search (again).

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @apomp85,

The more followers you have, the more likely it is that your profile will show up in Search.

Users can look up your profile by entering spotify:user:YOURUSERNAME into their Search bar in the Spotify app.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

I tried the command you wrote but nothing shows up. As I said this is most unusual as until a couple of days ago my profile would show up by either spotify username and my real name and now it won't show neither. I can still find friends. Is there anything else I can do? Can you try the command yourself you've mentioned earlier? My username is apomp85 and my name is Antonio Mota Pinto. Maybe you will have better luck. Is there anyway I can contact someone at spotify regarding this issue. I'm more certain than ever that it is something inside the platform.

Just tried it out for you and it worked with no issues 🙂

CLJwM8e

MaximSpotify Star

The whole command does work! I dont want to be a noob here but this is to show my playlists to other people and I'm affraid that the whole thing will prevent them to access my profile as some of them are not so proficient with spotify. So is there any other alternative you see? like can I talk to someone at spotify. Until last sunday my simple profile name would suffice...

That's weird. Can you please post a screenshot of what you see when you put spotify:user:apomp85 into your search bar in the Spotify app and then search for it?

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star

The command does work. I was wondering if there was a way to revert things as they were until a couple of days back when entering just my user name apomp85 would show up (I often recommend my profile to other people and I'm affraid that they will not be able to find it if they have to use the entire command spotify:user:apomp85). What else can I do?

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 19.33.06.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 19.33.32.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 19.33.53.png
Marked as solution

There's not much you can do except wait. The more followers you have, the more likely it is that your profile will show up in Search (again).

MaximSpotify Star

Hi, I do have the same problem here. Is there any alternative ways to get everything back to normal other than waiting for my followers to grow ? because when i only had 5 followers, it worked just fine (it appeared on the search bar) but now that I got 14 followers, it stopped appearing.

My username is @belarchi. There is another user using a similar username to mine (@belarchibald) and he doesn't even have any follower. So what seems to be the problem and how can I solve this?

Suggested posts