Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

NEW PREMIUM USER CANT GET OFFLINE SERVICE

NEW PREMIUM USER CANT GET OFFLINE SERVICE

Am I doing something silly? Seems that  offline wont work for me. Is it a user error? I am fairly new to the whole spotify thing and feel i am missing something obvious.

Can anyone help?

4 Replies

Can you describe what part of "offline" won't work for you?

Can you not mark playlists as offline?

Do your offline playlists not sync?

Also you've posted this in the wrong forum. It should be in one of the "Help" forums. [Mods can you move this please??]

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!

Thanks for replying,

just cant get it to work at all. Tried to put all my playlists onto the offline mode by using the button on the top right of the screen.

still wont work from my mobile, just says "not available in ofline mode".

Must be something obvious that im missing out.

thanks in advance for any tips.

FB

Okay, I think what you're doing is putting the client into "offline mode". This is where the client doesn't use an internet connection, and only plays back tracks which are available offline. So local files, and playlists which are synced offline.

So this probably isn't having the desired effect. I'm guessing you want to make playlists available for offline playback.

To do this you need to choose which playlists you want to syncronise for offline playback and set them to be available offline. So in the desktop client, you'd right click the playlist and select "Available Offline". The client will then start syncing the tracks in the playlist for offline playback.

You need to do this for each playlist that you want to be able to listen to offline. You don't need to wait for one playlist to finish syncing before setting another as "Available Offline". You can also set your "Starred" list as "Available Offline".

--

To do it on your mobile, you can:

• Connect your device to the same WiFi network as your computer running Spotify.
  • Open Spotify on your phone, and on your computer.
  • On your computer in the left hand pane, you should find your phone has appeared under "Devices".
  • If you select this, you should then be able to select which playlists are offline synced for your phone.

Alternatively, you can do it straight from the mobile app, but the process differs slightly between the Andriod app, and the iPhone app (and others).

If you want instructions for a specific mobile app, just let me know which app it is using (rather than me writing them out for both of the apps), and I'll add them.

--

Once you've got playlists synced for offline playback, you can enter offline mode and you should be able to play them. The client automatically switches between online and offline mode if it loses its internet connection.

Does this make it clearer?

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!

Thanks, that gives me something to go on. Im on a galaxy android phone.

Regards F

Suggested posts