Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

NUS Extra Discount 504 Gateway Time-Out

NUS Extra Discount 504 Gateway Time-Out

I'm trying to update my account to take into account my NUS Extra Discount.

I've had an NUS Extra card for a while and have been paying the reduced amount for more than a year without any problems. I just got a new card for this year and I'm trying to sort the discount out before my next monthly payment goes out in a week.

I've been using the following address. I can't seem to find another way of applying the discount.

https://www.spotify.com/uk/student/pay/

When I visit this address it loads fine. You log into your spotify account, it asks if you have NUS Extra or UniDays, I choose NUS.

Then it takes you to a page where you have to enter your password.

When I enter mine, I get directed to a page which has the same URL. 

However, it simply displays a page that reads "504 Gateway Time-Out. nginx" on a white background.

No matter whether I log in before or after, the same thing happens.

Someone please give me a hand with this one. I don't want this error to cost me £5 every month.

Thanks in advance

6 Replies

Hey @ajgray ! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to get that NUS card added manually for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter.

I'll give them a shout. I had a look for their contact details but they weren't obvious.

I'll post again when/if this gets sorted.

Please do 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Just thought I'd post an update.

I've been in touch with spotify tech support several times over the last few days.

Although, they've managed to solve the error problem, the update page sends the user to a facebook page for confirmation. This facebook stie then redirects back to the original update page causing an infinite loop.

I've informed the same tech support member that the problem is still there.

Hopefully they can continue to work at this for you. 

From my experience with the Facebook redirect issues are sometimes caused when your browse blocks third-party cookies - so its worth checking your browser settings.

Peter

Peter

Well,

I checked my browser settings and confirmed that it wasn't a cookie problem.

I still experience the loop but I've been told that my discount has been applied now; presumably by one of the tech support staff.

So my problem has been solved.

If anyone else experiences issues such as these, I think directly contacting support, as you suggested, is the way ahead.

Suggested posts