Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Name Change

Solved!

Name Change

I am aware that because of how Spotify works in terms of how it connects playlists and songs to individual accounts, you can't change your username. I want to raise a potential solution.

Since I would like to change my name, I think it would be nice to have a nickname system of sorts, kind of like what Steam has. You can change your visible/public username any time you please, but your original username stays the same and remains tied to the account and its saved songs and playlists.

For example, my username 'dino_sour' will always be my username for this account, but I can change the name that people see, so I would still have to log in using 'dino_sour,' but my name can appear to others when they look at my profile as my custom name if I choose to have one.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @DinoSour 

What a great idea! To get people to like this, I would recommend writing this inside the ideas tab that way you can get more people to vote on this and to get Spotify to look into implementing this idea when a significant amount of people vote on it!

Keanu_C

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @DinoSour 

What a great idea! To get people to like this, I would recommend writing this inside the ideas tab that way you can get more people to vote on this and to get Spotify to look into implementing this idea when a significant amount of people vote on it!

Keanu_C

Suggested posts