Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Name changed after adding device password

Solved!

Name changed after adding device password

I recently decided to add a device password to my account, so that I wouldn't need to use Facebook to log in anymore. However, after I did set the password, my account was no longer associated with my name and instead changed to the number it was assigned to when I created it through Facebook. Now whenever I click on my profile I see the number instead of my name and that isn't really all that cool as there is no way for me to change it, and it bothers me that people I know will be seeing me as just a bunch of numbers and not as a real user with a name. Is there any way to revert or fix this? Thanks 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Bentoper I actually just went through with this and have for some time. Sadly there isn't a way to change it. It's something you can suggest in the "Idea Suggestions" form:  https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/idb-p/ideas_submissions

I ended up making a different account for my playlist making and just keep the personal one with my regular playing on my mobile that way I have two seperate accounts. One for social media and one for personal everyday use. Just remember you'll have to login / login and not get either mixed up when your "listening" this is the most common mistake that Spotify sees. 

I suggest you submit your idea to add this feature. The more we all vote for it the sooner Spotify will see it as a need to customize/personalize our usernames. 

I hope you can mark this as a solution! Hang in there 🙂 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi Bentoper I actually just went through with this and have for some time. Sadly there isn't a way to change it. It's something you can suggest in the "Idea Suggestions" form:  https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/idb-p/ideas_submissions

I ended up making a different account for my playlist making and just keep the personal one with my regular playing on my mobile that way I have two seperate accounts. One for social media and one for personal everyday use. Just remember you'll have to login / login and not get either mixed up when your "listening" this is the most common mistake that Spotify sees. 

I suggest you submit your idea to add this feature. The more we all vote for it the sooner Spotify will see it as a need to customize/personalize our usernames. 

I hope you can mark this as a solution! Hang in there 🙂 

Suggested posts