Name on Spotify changed out of sudden

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Multiple devices

My Question or Issue

This morning, the name on my account is changed out of sudden. It was changed from "Emilia Li" to a name in foreign characters that I haven't been using for many years. And I don't have a way to fix it. Does anyone have the same experience or know what to do?

Thanks a lot.

Emilia

2 Replies

Hey @emiliawithyou thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

Unfortunately at this time it is not possible to change an account’s username. I am not sure how it was changed in the first place. The closest you can get is to link your Spotify account to your Facebook profile so that your Facebook display name is the one shown on your account.

If you are really desperate to change your username, it is possible to create a new account! Also make sure to check that your still signed into your account and not a different persons account.

Jack 🙂

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply, however I don't think that's the problem. My username didn't change, it's the Name changed out of sudden. I created my spotify account through facebook account, and the weird foreign character name that showed up this morning out of blue was actually the name I had on my facebook about 15 years ago. I guess the reason is Spotify is updating something and using another set of data from facebbok. Do you know if there's way to change my name on it? It's not the username.

Thank you!

Suggested posts