Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Name, picture and friends gone

Solved!

Name, picture and friends gone

Dear all,

I'm using Spotify already since many years, with a pleasure. But since some months many things changed. 

My name changed into a number

My profile picture is gone

Some of my friends (I still follow) are not shown anymore

I already don't have a Facebook connection for many years, because I don't use Facebook anymore. I don't understand why these things changed so recently.

My question is how to get back (or set again) the three things above. Reconnecting with Facebook is not an option!

Hope someone can help me with this! Thanks in advance.

Ruud

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ruudburger90.

Thanks for getting in touch!

If your name has changed into a number and your picture has disappeared, be sure to check out this page how to fix it.

Alternatively you can close your account and open a new one without using Facebook.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi,

For your name, picture and friends to show your spotify needs to be linked to a facebook account.

Trying linking your spotify to a new facebook account or reactivate your old one.

Hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards

Hello,

This is not the answer I hoped for. It is ridiculous I need Facebook in order to have a functional account on Spotify. Friends of me are using Spotify stand alone, what works fine. Because I've been connected to Facebook in the past, I cannot have a functional acount anymore.

I will try to contact Spotify itself, hope they can help me further.

Anyway, thanks for your reply!

Ruud

Marked as solution

Hey @ruudburger90.

Thanks for getting in touch!

If your name has changed into a number and your picture has disappeared, be sure to check out this page how to fix it.

Alternatively you can close your account and open a new one without using Facebook.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hello Guido,

Thanks for replying. Because relinking to Facebook is not an option, I've to close my account and reopen it. Unfortunately it's not a convenient option, but the only one.

Ruud

Suggested posts