Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need Help Finding My Premium Account

Solved!

Need Help Finding My Premium Account

Hello, just a few things up front on my situation.  I just made this username so I could make a thread here.  My problem is that I can't figure out my username/password for the account I had and could log into, with premium, just a few days ago.  I logged out of the account for the first time in a long while and have since only found four or five accounts that have no history and are not premium.  My bank account was debited for a Spotify payment 5/7 and I used my premium account after that day as well.  I only had a problem once I logged out, couldn't log back in, and have since been unable to get back on my mobile account that had a fair number of saved songs and was premium.

In any case, I have contacted customer support through email quite a bit up to this point.  I was told I could give a few bits of information to help track down the account that would be tied to the 5/7 payment that went through.  Despite a few calls to my bank directly and a general customer service line servicing all customers, I could not get a bank answer authorization number / transaction authorization number.  The bank sounded pretty clueless on that and couldn't give it to me.  At this point, I'm not sure what else I could do to get that.  I have a regular checking account with Wells Fargo, in case anyone has some insight into that .

After that I was told I could give my debit card information over the phone to a rep who could then find the account tied to the 5/7 payment.  I'm on the east coast of the US and apparently the rep was in England, so that has caused some issues in terms of finding a good time to get a call from them.  As far as I'm aware, England is five hours ahead of the US and I'm not really free to sit and wait for a call until six or seven eastern time.  In my last email to hash out a decent time I have gotten no response.

As you can see, I'm a bit puzzled as to what the answer is.  At this point I'm pretty well willing just to have the card cancelled out of the system if that's doable.  I get the feeling if I were to wait 30 days or however long until my account will be charged again that I'll find it has been charged when I'm not able to even log onto the premium account, so hopefully my concern is understandable in wanting to avoid that.  I have followed all steps customer service advised up to needing the bank auth code or giving my debit card info over the phone.  I have given all possible emails and have only been told none of them are bound to a premium account.

Sorry for all the text, but I wanted to explain as best as I could.  If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.  I'll try to check in to give further details or reach some solution if possible.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Let me know how you get on. 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

We might be able to pull a username from one of your devices. What devices have you definitely used your premium on?

Peter

I've only ever used premium on my phone. Let me know what other details you might need. Thanks.

It just occurred to me case numbers are asked for often for the sake of helping out. I see two for me. 01453777 and 01453654. Thanks.

We only generally need the case numbers to chase up cases that have gone missing, sounds like yours is definitely with the right team. What type of phone are you using? (It's a long shot!)

Peter

Sorry about the slow response.  My phone is a Samsung Galaxy SIII, model number:  SCH-R530.  Of course I can provide more info as needed.  I did get a call from the customer service team this morning which I missed and certainly that was my error.  I let them know they can call me now or in the next two or so hours.  I'm not sure what their hours may be, perhaps no one is available to call and that's fine.  So long as we keep communicating I'm sure we can find some resolution.  Thanks again for the help.

Okay, Spotify on all platforms maintains a folder for each user where it caches/store data, so as long as the app has not been removed or re-installed, your application folders should be able to show you all of the usernames of the accounts that have logged in on that device. 

On your android device, using File Explorer (or another file manager app), you need to find the "spotifycache" folder, on my device it is at:

Media Card/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/files/spotifycache (Filesystem path: /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/files/spotifycache) 

However, bear in mind that the location on devices will change, some devices use a different storage architecture and/or the path will be different if your Spotify is not on your SD card. 

Inside that "spotifycache" folder, there should be a folder called "Users". Navigate to that folder, all of the sub folders of the "User" folder will give you the usernames of any accounts (original and duplicates) that have logged in on that device. (Format is username-user) Don't be shocked if you see usernames that are numbers, that is normal for Facebook created accounts. 

Hopefully, there will be multiple usernames in that folder for you, which you can then pass to customer services as one of those usernames should definitely be your premium account (even if you can't currently log into it, they can find it easily in the system). 

Peter

Thanks, that's quite helpful.  It does seem there must be an account or two that I have been unable to track.  In any case, here's what it showed me:

gman60000

A bit embarrassing I somehow managed to rack up that many accounts...in any case, I've sent the info/a screenshot to the customer service team as well.  Hopefully that will help them out.  Thanks again.

Marked as solution

Let me know how you get on. 🙂

Peter

The issue has been solved. Thanks a lot. It was mainly solved through you and your suggestions. I definitely do appreciate your correspondence. I'll see what I can do to avoid this situation again.

Thank you.

Happy to help! Enjoy your music! 🙂

Peter

I am having the same problem but my phone is an iPhone 5s is there anything that might help me ?

i can't see this reply

hi, ive tried this but couldnt find any?

Suggested posts