Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need help changing country

Solved!

Need help changing country

Hello everyone.

It has been awhile since I logged into Spotify.  In the time between when I last used the account and now, I have moved from the US to Norway.  I live with my girlfriend here, and she created a family account for us and invited me to join.  But I can't seem to join because our accounts are in different countries.  It seems like the only way to change country though is to pay to sign up for Premium.  But that can't be right.  That would make me ineligible for a family account.  Does anybody know another way to change your home country?  Maybe if I pay for premium and then immediately cancel it I would get a refund?

Thank you for any help!

EDIT: As a side note to this, if Spotify employees read this forum, you should know that your help pages are out of date.  It still says free users can change their country from the profile page, but that does not seem to be correct anymore.  Free users seem to have to pay to change their country.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Jason,

I have replied to your case (2596061) and have made the changes for you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify can look into it for you.

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hi Anthony and thank you for your reply!  I did submit this request through that form yesterday morning, but did not hear anything back.  It seemed like the message boards were pretty active so I was just trying to get some attention here.  I am pretty sure it will require manual help on Spotify's end.  I will go ahead and submit another form though.

Marked as solution

Hi Jason,

I have replied to your case (2596061) and have made the changes for you.

Hello Calvin, 

I am experiencing a pretty similar situation as Jason.

I had an Unlimited account when I was living in one country. I moved to another country and I forgot to cancel my subscription and the last payment was rejected by my bank because I do not hold an account with them any longer.

Now in the new country I am trying to change the selection in my profile and it keeps saying that I need to update my bank details. However, then it says that there is no banking information registered in my account.

In the meantime, I do not have access to Spotify... 😞

Could you please tell me what I need to do to get back my music (I currently want a free account).

Thanks and kind regards,

Silvia

Hi @silviaesmu 

You need to submit the online contact form I've linked above.

If you receive an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply) and it will be sent to the staff.

Once you've done that, if you still haven't received a response for 24-48 hours, let me know your case number (#series of numbers), and I'll escalate it to the staff for you.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts