Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need to be able to log in without facebook

Need to be able to log in without facebook

I cannot figure out how to log into my Spotify premium account when access to facebook is blocked.  I use Spotify at work for background music and it is alowed, but the IT department recently blocked Facebook and now I can no longer log into my Spofity account. 

People keep saying in other topics and from what I've googled that I should be able to go to preferences and disable my facebook link but I've checked every option and there is no such thing when I go to the preferences screen.  Is it possible or not to get normal Spotify log in credentials for my account that was created through facebook integration?  I even tried logging in with the long number string that Spotify's web site says is my username but it doesn't work. 

If possible I would like to disassociate my spotify account from facebook entirely.  If I can no longer log in from work, I might as well stop paying for this service I can no longer use.  I'd even start a brand new account if there wa sa way to port over my playlists, but only if that's the only way.

7 Replies

I wish this was a reply to solve your problem, but I too am on the same boat! I am beyond annoyed/frustrated, been working on this for the last hour. I want to delete my facebook but my accounts are connected, and as much as I've searched, there is no "social network, deactivate button" I get as far as edit-preferences and nothing. Anyway, hopefully we can get some help, my next option is call tech support, if there is such thing. Anyway, goodluck!

If your accounts were linked to facebook when created, there is no way to unlink them and you will need new accounts which aren't linked. There are two ways to do this: the DIY approach is explained in this post and, although it looks a bit daunting, it's not too difficult in practice.

The second approach and the one I recommend is to get in touch with the account team who will be only too pleased to help you switch to non-facebook linked accounts. You may receive an automated response in which case please be sure to reply to it to push your case to one of the consultants.

Ok I had the same Problem at work so I clicked "restore pasword" and wrote the mail that I use on FB , add a new password and type the mail you use for use FB and that's all!

Outside of work, sign on to spotify through facebook on the desktop site. Go to Account Overview > Set Device Password. Spotify will provide you a numerical username and you set up a password via email confirmation. You can use this to log into your facebook linked Spotify without connecting to facebook. (Facebook is blocked at my business as well).

Hey there @Rosaregnum,

Thanks for providing an answer for the other users, so they can be able to get around this and still access their account 🙂 Glad it works for you.

Here's also an article that might shed some more light on the subject. Feel free to refer to it.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

**bleep** u are a life saver!

It's not letting me set a password and the reset link isn't reaching my inbox

Never mind, I got clever. I changed my email and then did forgot my password. Very secure. Such MFA

Suggested posts