Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need to change E-mail address on my Spotify Account. No Facebook.

Solved!

Need to change E-mail address on my Spotify Account. No Facebook.

I think the technical logistics behind Spotify need some serious work. I deleted my Facebook account last summer and for many months the blank Spotify # profile was occassionally replaced by my old FB one. That has since stopped. However, my old email address--connected to FB and Spotify--was recently deleted as well. I cannot change my email addy on Spotify because it needs to be done through a deleted FB account. Nonsense. 

Why is it so difficult to simply change our email addresses on our Spotify accounts?? 

Cut the dependent cord with Facebook. If FB buys Spotify, good for you. They'll do it no matter what. Give Spotify users the freedom to have their own profiles on here without a need for FB bs.

Thank you. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there,

As your Spotify account was created via Facebook, it requires that Facebook account to be active to use it. But our support team can save playlists and transfer to another account, so get in touch here and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. If you get an automated response, reply back to it directly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there,

As your Spotify account was created via Facebook, it requires that Facebook account to be active to use it. But our support team can save playlists and transfer to another account, so get in touch here and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. If you get an automated response, reply back to it directly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Thanks, Adam. 

Adam, I sent in a request a week ago via the link you gave me, and I have yet to get a response from Spotify. I'm beginning to think Spotify's Customer Service Department is just one overweight, dope-smoking Swede wearing a Viking Skull t-shirt. I HOPE they are not trying to contact the email addy I deleted (I mentioned its deletion and an alternative email addy in my request). 

Any other advice?

Guessing you didn't get an automated reply with a case number in it?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No, I did not. 

Let me escalate this for you and see if someone from Spotify can find your case. My guess is you are right and the response has gone out to the wrong address. 

Peter

Thanks for the escalation, Peter. 

@user-removed - Did you get a reply yet? If not I will bump again for you. 😉

Peter

Suggested posts