Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need to change my email address

Need to change my email address

I have a new email address but I am unable to tell Spotify about it. Its instructions are incorrect: Go to Account Settings, click Edit Profile, and change the email address. The Email Address field is uneditable!

Can some member of the Spotify brass assist me with this?

Old email address: *snip*

New email address: *snip*

5 Replies

Since you created your Spotify account using Facebook, the email address registered on your account can only be changed through your Facebook settings.

To do that:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click EDIT PROFILE.
  3. Under Email, enter your new email address.
  4. Confirm your password.
  5. Click SAVE PROFILE

And you're done! A confirmation email will be sent to both the old and new email address detailing the changes

I have logged in and my profile is locked so I cannot update my Spotify account linked  email address!

Originally I signed up with spotify using my Facebook log in.

My Facebook email address has been updated to my new email address (a yr ago!)

I cannot find how I can get the spotify profile unlocked to edit to my new address, as spotify notification emails are still going to an email I don't use.

The only sections on my profile I can edit are 'country' and mbl number.

Can someone please help?

I'm using Windows 10, 

Hey there @Mosue,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

If you signed up to Spotify with Facebook, it's not possible to change your personal details from your account page, since your Spotify account registered the personal details associated with your Facebook account.

If you'd like, you can always sign up for a new account through Spotify and move your music to your new account by following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

If that's not an option for you, you can also reach out to us by following the steps under I no longer have access to the email address on my account here. This way, a member of our support teams will be able to take a look behind the scenes and help you update the email address registered with your Spotify account.

Hope this helps clarify things! Give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My email address was typed in incorrectly, I need to change it.  Can someone reach out to me?

Hey @0axuowf87gavp0z8iv0q ,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

If your email address is not valid and you need to change it, you can check out this FAQ page for further steps.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts