Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Never got 30 day trial

Solved!

Never got 30 day trial

I signed up for a premium 48hour trial last Thursday. After doing so, I received an email inviting me to try it for 30 days, so I signed up, giving my billing information. After the 48hours were up, however, I recieved an email telling me that they were unable to bill me. I don't know why they were unable, but I re-entered my card info just in case. After re-entering it, it wanted to bill me instead of giving me the promised 30 day trial. 

I logged on from my desktop and clicked on an ad for the 30 day trial thinking I could just try it again, but it said that since I already have had Premium, this offer was no longer available to me. It has been 4 days since I signed up, not 30. How do I get the promised free trial?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there!

First answer may be automated. Just response to this reply and real person answer to you then.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

This is exactly what happened to me.

I changed from unlimited to premium and upon doing so, I was greeted with a '30day free trial'. As a loyal customer of spotify for over 2 years, I thought that this was a nice little incentive/reward for current customers - only to see that I have been billed for the first month @£9.99 without the 30 day free trial. Disappointing 

Marked as solution

I'm a bit unsure of what happened subsequently; but I signed up and pay
monthly. Nobody replied to my contact regarding the being attracted by a 30
day trial which, by the time I'd committed, turned into a 7 day trial.
Spotify offered three months free, by email, because I'd left my email
there some time ago without going further; but I though it would be
pointless because I live in Australia; now I find that the connection is
totally reliable maybe I should have tried it for three months but I was
scared, also, because of the bother of potentially having to cancel a
credit card to stop deductions.

36 Replies

Hi, please could you contact the support team? They would be able to deal with this easier than the forum members/staff 🙂

http://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

Hej,

i have the same problem. Ive never got the ordered 30 day trial of Spotify Premium. I tried to mail Spotify Support and they told me to ask in the Community Forum. So whats going on here? 🙂 Can anyone help?

Thanks
tra1n84

@tra1n84 wrote:
Hej,

i have the same problem. Ive never got the ordered 30 day trial of Spotify Premium. I tried to mail Spotify Support and they told me to ask in the Community Forum. So whats going on here? 🙂 Can anyone help?

Thanks
tra1n84

I shall ask some community staff for you 🙂

why is there only payment for Visa/mastercard, american express And paypal??
I have neither of them.

Why no IDeal??
i live in holland and want my premium, want to put music on my ipod :3

I contacted their customer support before posting on here. The automated reply almost made it sound like they will not get back to me as it recommended that I check the forum and FAQs.

I have the same problem & every time I go to contact actual customer support, I just get a form email saying to check the FAQ & Forums

I had this exact issue.  No response to my customer service contact form, no response to my tweets to @SpotifyCares.  Getting really frustrated.  If anyone has a remedy, I'd like to hear about it.

I have now tried to contact customer service twice for this problem. Both times all I got was the same response saying that they are confident that that I can find an answer in the help section or on this forum. What is the point of having the customer service contact link if they don't respond to you?
Marked as solution

Hey there!

First answer may be automated. Just response to this reply and real person answer to you then.

Cheers.

The automated response comes from no-reply@spotify.com .  Why would responding to this email address work?

Ruddhist - I know it seems strange, but it will then come through to the support team.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I've replied to their automated message. If it DOES work, they sure are taking their sweet time with it.

same here, did push buttons subscriping 30days free and it monthly feed I have to pay and end day is month from today.

it isnt nice to treat new customers like this!

Hi pumo - I can see my colleague has responded to your case. Everything sorted for you now?

Hi

yes its ok now, thanks for fast response!

Hello,

first they'll have to excuse my bad english.

Second, I wrote this post in a own thread, but I have see this one now.
Yesterday I wanted to try this 30 day premium, it has surprised me, I must specify the account data for a trial period,
I thought maybe my account belasstet first in 30 days.
Already this morning, my account was debited the full 9.99 euros. That's not legal! Clarify that they or I will take legal action! That is cheating. I have send the support a email, too.
mfg. frank

Fgeyer - Your email has come through, don't worry. Our payments team will get back to you as soon as possible.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hello

I have the same problem too. I tried to start to use spotify premium with my ardroid modile phone, first Spotify said that there is 24 hour free use, then 30 days trial version for premium, first try to subcrib in it, it doesn't work, second attempt and the Spotify is trying to get 9,99€ in order to get it this in use. I don't understand, this will give very unreliable picture about Your product. And it seems that You are trying to cheet me also as a single customer, hopefully I am wrong with this. 

BR PK

Hello,

I also believe that they would cheat.
They offered me a 10 euro gift card,
I have accepted it.
However, not everyone is complaining, so they will make considerable profit.

Perhaps this would be a lawyer look at this thing.

(translatet with google)

Suggested posts