Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Never got 30 day trial

Solved!

Never got 30 day trial

I signed up for a premium 48hour trial last Thursday. After doing so, I received an email inviting me to try it for 30 days, so I signed up, giving my billing information. After the 48hours were up, however, I recieved an email telling me that they were unable to bill me. I don't know why they were unable, but I re-entered my card info just in case. After re-entering it, it wanted to bill me instead of giving me the promised 30 day trial. 

I logged on from my desktop and clicked on an ad for the 30 day trial thinking I could just try it again, but it said that since I already have had Premium, this offer was no longer available to me. It has been 4 days since I signed up, not 30. How do I get the promised free trial?

36 Replies

Same problem here, just wrote to the support. I will write how it will go on.

Hiu_buh - We should be able to help you out, don't worry.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,

My girlfriend got me the 3 month trial (The $36 gift card) for Christmas and after downloading the spotfy app on my iPhone it said that the account had been credited with the 3 month trial. Immediately after I tried to start searching for songs and it just said I needed to be a premium member. So I haven't listened to anything at all but have paid for the trial.

Can someone please fix this ASAP!

@NeilGriffiths wrote:

Hi,

My girlfriend got me the 3 month trial (The $36 gift card) for Christmas and after downloading the spotfy app on my iPhone it said that the account had been credited with the 3 month trial. Immediately after I tried to start searching for songs and it just said I needed to be a premium member. So I haven't listened to anything at all but have paid for the trial.

Can someone please fix this ASAP!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Few things to check out, firstly double check to make sure your account is on premium on your online overview. If its not, make sure you are using the correct login details since it is easy to accidentally have two accounts. 

If it says you have premium, I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post.

If you can't get it going, or can't find your premium account details, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this by using your gift card redemption details to track it down.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

Basically when I got the Premium gift card and entered the premium code to redeem it, it said straight away that the code has already been redeemed. I assumed that meant it was ready to go, but when I opened my spotify app on my iPhone to start listening to music, it said that "Spotfy Premium is required for on-demand mobile streaming". On my account right now as you suggested to look, it says I am currently using Spotfy Free.

Is there anything I can do now...

Thanks!

I would suggest you get in touch with the CS team in the last part of my post above and they will be able to help you out with this. I'm guessing if you try and redeem the code again you get the "already used" message?

Peter

Peter

Yes, that's correct. It just tells me it's already been used.

I'll get in contact with CS.

Thanks

This have also happened to me, I have never used premium but whenever I click on the offer it says I have... But I have only ever used unlimited... Sure I am no very new to Spotify but I keep getting offers and really would like to try it, how sound quality is and all that,

Only users who have never subscribed to before are eligable for the free trial on https://www.spotify.com/freetrial/ .

Unfortunately, if you have had unlimited in the past you don't qualify. 

Peter

Marked as solution

This is exactly what happened to me.

I changed from unlimited to premium and upon doing so, I was greeted with a '30day free trial'. As a loyal customer of spotify for over 2 years, I thought that this was a nice little incentive/reward for current customers - only to see that I have been billed for the first month @£9.99 without the 30 day free trial. Disappointing 

Where did you see this 30 day free trial @LeighNighto ? 

That trial is only available to "new" customers, so unlimited in the past would have made you ineligable, I would have thought it should of told you this during the upgrade process. 

Peter

How do I get my 30 day free trial started to review the Spotify

I clicked on the green button inviting me to try 30 days Premium free, entered the PayPal details, and got a receipt #521506243072077 saying I only had the 7 days free trial. Android phone. Perhaps I accepted 7 days free trial so the subsequent offer of 30 days didn't count? Don't know how that happened. Shouldn't have offers, then take money (subsequent to the offer-button being accepted before payment agreement is made) and deliver less.

I signed up for free 30 day trial and received email saying i only have 7 day free trial please honor 30 day trial as i requested.
Marked as solution

I'm a bit unsure of what happened subsequently; but I signed up and pay
monthly. Nobody replied to my contact regarding the being attracted by a 30
day trial which, by the time I'd committed, turned into a 7 day trial.
Spotify offered three months free, by email, because I'd left my email
there some time ago without going further; but I though it would be
pointless because I live in Australia; now I find that the connection is
totally reliable maybe I should have tried it for three months but I was
scared, also, because of the bother of potentially having to cancel a
credit card to stop deductions.

İ Have this problem too. İ paid money wrongly third times but 30 days trial doesnt work. Please open that and i want to cancel my 2 paid. Thanks.
Screenshot_2017-08-31-00-43-03.jpg

Same here, any luck in getting the 30 day, signed up for 30 day now it’s telling me only 7.. what the **bleep**?!?

Suggested posts