Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Ideas

Solved!

New Ideas

This has nothing to do with IOS. I just want to know why I can't add a new topic in New Ideas.

I have ideas man! I really want to share them. 

I feel like a second rate citizen. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You are welcome. 

You can find the link in Ideas Submissions (not in New Ideas) at the bottom of the page. 

When you first submit an idea it goes in Ideas Submissions board, then other fellow stars or the Spotify Staff review if there are any duplicates of the idea and then mark them either as Duplicates or New Ideas. When your idea is marked as New, it goes in the New Ideas section, where generating likes. 

You can find more info about ideas on the links below.

[What happens to the idea I submitted?]

[Ideas FAQs]

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @MarkWilliams123

you can try to post your idea via this link

Thanks for the link, but why can't I go to the ideas page and see a "Start a New Topic" link like on other pages?

I don't want to add a favourite for this link nor search for your email to find the link when I suddenly have a brain wave!

Marked as solution

You are welcome. 

You can find the link in Ideas Submissions (not in New Ideas) at the bottom of the page. 

When you first submit an idea it goes in Ideas Submissions board, then other fellow stars or the Spotify Staff review if there are any duplicates of the idea and then mark them either as Duplicates or New Ideas. When your idea is marked as New, it goes in the New Ideas section, where generating likes. 

You can find more info about ideas on the links below.

[What happens to the idea I submitted?]

[Ideas FAQs]

Thanks again for the info. I've worked out how to do it. Unlike other pages (which are intuitive and standard for forums) there is no "Start a Topic" link until after you have searched to see if there is a similar idea already. I prefer the Start a Topic, type a title and check to see if anything similar approach myself. Much more intuitive.

Hey Mark, you are welcome again : ) 

I will make sure to pass your feedback to the team backstage when I can. 

In my personal opinion though, as I am working with websites, the button is not that visible at first sight to prevent bot accounts and posting spam topics or links.

Suggested posts