Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Premium Account - WIthout Facebook

Solved!

New Premium Account - WIthout Facebook

I'm interested in opening a Premium account directly without a Facebook account. I'm not interested

in a Facebook link.

Is that not possible?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Fair enough.

Though, there is a tremendous difference between what is tracked, logged or shared from Facebook directly or Facebook via Spotify or any other service -and- what is tracked 100% from an ISP level (everything, if you're within the U.S.

Its not meant to belittle the thought process of others close to you, but, data is logged and tracked at a much lower level than anything at the level of social media sites. Granted, Finland is under different law enforcement than the United States.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

No, it's not possible. Spotify is now a Facebook feature, not a separate entity. Facebook is required.

I'm all for sharing, but, I wonder how many potential subscribers hit the back button for another streaming music provider that doesn't require one having a Facebook account.

Well, since you wondered, I would guess there are quite a few. I'm one of them. I'd heard a few things about Spotify, so I thought I'd give it a try. I've just downloaded the app for my iPad, and it gave me two options to log in. - This was the first thing I found irritating.. Can't I even look around, to see what it's like, before creating another account? - No, obviously not... So, I clicked to log into Facebook, with the intention of limiting who can see what this damned app wants to post, to just me... When will people realise that some people don't want every stupid thig posted on their Facebook walls! - It's MY wall, I want to decide what gets posted there... But no... To get this thing to work, I also have to be upgraded to Facebook Timeline!!! Well, no. I don't think I'll bother with Spotify after all. What a load of rubbish.. Sorry for the rant. I'm normally such a docile person 😞

I understand your frustration. I simply don't see why users aren't given a choice to let all these sites flow through Facebook. Give us a choice, at the very least. For me, I happened I create a singular account before facebook was a requirement--but i didnt want to use that ID. To my surprise, i was only able to create a new account utilizing my facebook profile. After some consideration (its just music) and willingness to figure out how to turn off any and all sharing (not troublesome at all) I decided it was worth it. In this case.

Though, I am sharing playlists with close friends moreso than I thought I would.

Thanks for producing a great service. Every service has things that be improved, it's whether developers are actively listening to their userbase. I'm sure Spotify is on the up and up.

Long Live Zendesk!

@amajameus wrote:
Thanks for producing a great service. Every service has things that be improved, it's whether developers are actively listening to their userbase. I'm sure Spotify is on the up and up.

Facebook has been forced for 8 months soon. NOTHING has been done. They're not really listening, they don't care.

Well, all things considered, you can't blame them for jumping into the "share your music with facebook"--when every other prominent social site does the same--other than their current -requirement- of a Facebook account, what other things hit this hard to home for you?

For me, it was easier to get over than I thought, primarily because everything else they offer is done really well. (OK, the what's new section could be redone or removed entirely)

While I still believe every site should provide an -option- to sign in to the site using FB creds, being a music streaming service, sharing wasn't a big thumbs down for me. I just hope my settings on the Spotify site for sharing via Facebook are held like concrete and that I don't have to check my settings on Spotify.com every 3/6 months like I must with facebook.

If they could just explain the "32 days in your trial" black bar at the top of my Spotify iPhone and iPad app after becoming a "premium" member. I feel like I'm still left out, for lack of a better description.

Still, Spotify is still top dog. All I have to do is setup playlists from their stream? No uploading (except those odd bands--I have a lot..) -- sign me up.

I have family members who can't sign up because of the Facebook requirement. It's why I'm going to cancel as soon as Rdio becomes available in Finland... unless Spotify gives them a chance to sign up before that happens.

Most of them are on Grooveshark now, but that thing is about to go down from lawsuits at any moment.

Is Facebook unavailable in Finland? Groove shark is in the hotpan from what I understand.

It does kinda erk me that Facebook friends who are not Spotify users or members cannot listen to a single song I want to post to facebook. Am I wrong? Maybe I'm
Missing something but if outside users could listen to the shared track and be provided with some minimal links to learn more a out Spotify that seems like it would help bring new listeners to the service.

They don't want to sign up for a service that tracks your movements on the internet (Facebook) for the privilege of using a service that costs money (Spotify). They are not interested in the service Facebook provides.

Hey,

You can use Spotify without Facebook in Finland. All you need is purchase Premium from TeliaSonera (Sonera). But I'm afraid, I do not know can you purchase just Premium. If you need Unlimited data plan, Sonera does not provide those, Elisa's Saunalahti provide Finland's cheapest Unlimited data plans for mobile. But from Sonera you get sometimes Premium for free if you purchase Internet connection from Sonera or smartphone etc. No Facebook required.

But Sonera isn't cheap operator, so if you do not want Sonera (I'm happy customer of Elisa's Saunalahti), there is no other way to go. Fake Facebook account may help, but if you do not want Facebook at all, you can search other services.

hpguru,

Community founder

Spotify Premium user / Finland

Marked as solution

Fair enough.

Though, there is a tremendous difference between what is tracked, logged or shared from Facebook directly or Facebook via Spotify or any other service -and- what is tracked 100% from an ISP level (everything, if you're within the U.S.

Its not meant to belittle the thought process of others close to you, but, data is logged and tracked at a much lower level than anything at the level of social media sites. Granted, Finland is under different law enforcement than the United States.

I am aware of the TeliaSonera deal. This account has been created that way!

However, the Sonera deal requires Spotify to be tied to a mobile phone plan, and there can't be more than one Spotify account attached to one plan. Sonera is the worst operator in the country so a lot of people have already changed their mobile operator. This includes most of my family, so they can't use the Spotify Sonera deal.

Hey, Stupify,

Can't agree more. I changed after 9 years from Sonera to Saunalahti, because of this prices and limited data plans. Who pay 9,99 € per month for 1 GB data? Then speed is 64 kbps? Do you remember modem times? 😄

In Saunalahti I pay 4,90 / month for Unlimited 0.5M (3G) and this is more than enough for smartphone use with Spotify. At home Unlimited max. 21 Mbps 3G data plan, just 13,90 € / month.

The whole family changed then to Saunalahti from Sonera. All happy.

But yes, all the people who cares about prices, already changed from Sonera to other tele operator.

Suggested posts