Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'New Releases' doesn't update since Jan 23 regionally

'New Releases' doesn't update since Jan 23 regionally

I'm on Premium Family plan, but this is also tested on regular Premium. 

Tested on Android 9, 10, OSX and Win10, both webplayer and standalone app.

The 'New Releases' section (called Nuevos Lanzamientos here), the one you access by accessing "Search" tab and scrolling down, hasn't updated since January 23. The last albums I can see updating are from that date, and then nothing new appeared. There's a playlist on top of that, and the playlist itself DOES update. But the rest of the section doesn't. I'll upload a screenshot highlighting what part is broken.

I thought this was my account, I went through a lot of emails with Spotify during which we created another account, and the issue was still there. I thought i might check on my partner and roommate's accounts, to see if their section updated, but it was also stuck! So it wasn't account-related, I actually think this is wholly region-related, since there was no connection at all between accounts on that test.

Also, during the troubleshoot by email, i was asked to log on to a spotify test account, which I believe was american or british, and in that account, the New Releases section worked just fine.

Last but not least, I haven't received any notifications about new music from artists for a long time, and I think this might be related.

unnamed.png
0 Replies

Suggested posts