Step 1

NEXT STEP

'New Releases' in the genre Country never update

'New Releases' in the genre Country never update

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Wasn't too sure of the correct topic for this post so please advise if it would be better suited elsewhere. 

The issue is as follows: going to, Browse - Genres & Moods - Country, brings up the genre page with playlists and what are supposedly 'newly' released albums in this genre. However, the latest releases never update, they are all albums and EPs from 2018 (Kacey Musgraves' Golden Hour etc.), as visible from the attached screenshot. It's the same whether I'm on my MacBook or using the iPhone app which makes me think this isn't an issue particular to only myself. 

Is it just that this isn't a particularly popular genre so no one puts any effort into updating it? I would love to check out and keep up with new releases in country music but this feature is not the way to do it, in fact it is pretty much a redundant feature at this point. Other genres (eg. Pop) are updated much more regualrly for example you can find Taylor Swift's new album, Ariana Grande's new song and many more actual new releases in that genre. 

I would like to find out if it is the same for other users and if so why has Spotify neglected this aspect of the genre page for country music?

Many thanks. 

Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 21.55.41.png
2 Replies

Hey there @user-removed,

thanks for posting !

You can effect the way Spotify chooses and updated your "New Releases", "Release Radar", "Daily Mix" and "Discover Weekly" by listening more and more to the genres your mostly interested in.

You'll get to see that the more you listen on the app the more it adjusts itself to your taste.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Thanks for the reply. It's not my release radar or daily mix that don't update, as specified in my original post it's the genre page for country music which shows new releases in that genre. Other genre pages update with newly released albums and EPs but the page for country specifically, never does. I listen to music on a daily basis so this is not the problem. 

Suggested posts