Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Spotify family member

New Spotify family member

Hi

So my question is a bit more complicated, but I will try and do my best, and just write me any follow up questions if any should surface.

So here goes:
Today I wanted to add my dad to my Spotify account, by simply adding a new member to my Family plan. This was not an issue once I logged in to my own Spotify (connected with FB) account and changed the plan. I sent the invite mail, and everything. Now I logged out of my own Facebook account in order to log out of my Spotify account, and logged IN to my fathers FB account, AND on Spotifys page for logging in, i clicked the text that says "Sign Up" because my dad does not have a Spotify account already. When I got to the sign up page, I simply pressed the blue "LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK" button and because I had already logged his Facebook in, it was ready to come up with the extra browser window, where one have to allow Spotify to "link up" with one's FB account, and allow Spotify to post stuff on your wall. Here we chose to use the option called "Just me/Only me" when choosing who can see the Spotify posts. Okay so from there, the window closed once I pressed okay, but he is still NOT logged in on the Spotify page. So I think maybe something went wrong, so I tried the same thing again. This time it opens an extra browser window briefly, that is just white, and then closes it again, where the main page afterwards comes up with the following message above the big blue SIGN UP WITH FACEBOOK" button:
"email_already_exist"

So I then think "Great then I can just log in" so I press the log in button, then the big blue button that says" LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK" and the there is a orange box that comes up with the following message:
" You do not have a Spotify account connected to your Facebook account. If you have a Spotify account, please log in with your Spotify credentials. If you do not have a Spotify account, sign up"

So that is where I am lost know, what the crap is going on? There is no account, yet the f*****g email address already exists.

Please help me out here Spotify, what is going on, and how do I fix it?! This is extremely frustrating, please advice as quickly as possible, thank you: -)
3 Replies

Hi @MikeDK. Upon registering your father's account did you receive a confirmation email? The confirmation email should contain details of the account, like the email, and it should also have a username. The username will be some long string of gibberish since it's a Facebook account. Try logging in with that as the username, and then use the appropriate password. Please let me know if that doesn't work. Cheers!

Hi @LordRollin
No there was not any confirmation e-mail and we have checked every single e-mail folder, including spam/junk folder and the like.
So no confirmation e-mail:-(

@MikeDK apparently there's been some technical trouble with the contact forms recently. Try shooting an email to support@spotify.com and let me know how that goes.

Suggested posts