Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Spotify release

New Spotify release

I just got a message that said: "Heads up! We're ending support for your operating system in an upcoming release. Click here for more information."

Thing is that I possibly can't update my operating system at the moment because that would mean that about 90% of my other programs would sttop working or get bugged.

So, IS IT POSSIBLE NOT TO UPGRADE AUTOMATICALLY my Spotify to the upcoming release??

If not, then my only option is to unsubscribe my account, and start pursuing some related options, like Apple Music or similar.

7 Replies

Hey @KW06!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community.

Theer currently isn't a officially supported way to stop Spotify from updating.  There is a work around, but it's not recommended if you're not tech savvy. 

If you don't want to do that you can always use the Spotify Web Player for your PC/Laptop/Desktop and the app on your mobile devices.

If this answered your question please mark this post as a solution. 😉

Thanks for answering! That's unfortunately only an answer, not a solution...

Also, where the f*** is the official support for paying customers instead of some user forum??? Couldn't find it anywhere...

What is your operating system?

I'm curious!

OSX 10.7.5

Hello,

If I remember, OS X 10.7.5 isn't supported anymore by Apple, so it's normal that some apps start dropping their support for the OS. In this case, I think your app will not update to the new version if this one isn't compatible with your OS. Otherwise, it's a non-sense.

Anyone to confirm? I'm not a pro of OS X, but generally, when the app's support for an OS is dropped (Windows, Linux and so on), the app just stop updating itself (for example, if you search updates manually, you will get a message "App is already up to date").

Hey @KW06!

I can hear you're frustrated. I'm afraid I can't offer you a 'real' solution. Spotify is hardwired to keep updating and there really isn't any way to stop that. 

Most people helping out around here are Rockstar, but there is some actual Spotify staff too. It's just that with a forum this big they can't be everywhere. 😉

If you like you can take up contact with support by filling out this form, but I don't think they can help you any further. Sorry 'bout that. 😕

Suggested posts