Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New User - Spotify hasn't shown any Facebook friends

New User - Spotify hasn't shown any Facebook friends

I just signed up for Spotify via Facebook.  It seems to show me everything fine, artists, celebrities I can follow, apps, except for Facebook friends.

I have Spotify exempted from the only firewall I use.  It just doesn't show any possible Followers from Facebook.  It only says:

Facebook Friends on Spotify: There are no more people to show at this time.

I've signed out and signed back in several times, the problem is persisting.

**Update**

A friend managed to link me to music, which linked me to her profile.  Facebook friends are still not being shown.

36 Replies

So what should i do? My free trial has finished and i'm not getting any answer from you, i want to get the premium service but i won't if this issues is not solved.

@emorlet1803 wrote:
So what should i do? My free trial has finished and i'm not getting any answer from you, i want to get the premium service but i won't if this issues is not solved.

Hey again 🙂 

What version of the Spotify app are you using? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I dont think this is a bug in the app because it happens on ipad, iphone and windows. app version 0.6.4.2

Strange, would you be able to post your username or a link to your profile here? 

Peter

Peter

I start session with my facebook account -snip-

[Mod edit: Removed email address]

I've taken a look at your account emorlett1803 and it all appears to be in order. The Facebook connection doesn't appear to be broken at all.

When did you last reinstall the app? Please try it again, on both platforms - and let us know how you get on. It may just be a temporary thing or something stuck in the cache from what I can tell.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I've already done that, i even restored my iphone to factory defaults and nothing, i think its an account issue. I have two accounts, one with emorlet1803@hotmail.com (facebook) and another with emorlet1803 wich its not attached to any facebook account.

@emorlet1803 wrote:
I've already done that, i even restored my iphone to factory defaults and nothing, i think its an account issue. I have two accounts, one with emorlet1803@hotmail.com (facebook) and another with emorlet1803 wich its not attached to any facebook account.

At this stage you probably should get in touch with us by email (via our contact form) and we'll handle this further and escalate as necessary. Thanks!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

same problem here. Got a premium account and I am pretty disappointed, because this feature was the reason to get it.

Version 0.9.1.53.g876fa9df

Tried out almost everything with deleting the app, login/logof etc. Nothing works.

@babyridemehard wrote:

same problem here. Got a premium account and I am pretty disappointed, because this feature was the reason to get it.

Version 0.9.1.53.g876fa9df

Tried out almost everything with deleting the app, login/logof etc. Nothing works.

Hey 🙂 

Is it no friends in the Follow tab is your issue? Or is your social bar just blank? 

Peter

Peter

It only says : There are no more people to show at this time.

I am following some other people playstits who have a lot of followers, but i cant find any of my facebook friends trough the search feature.

The weird thing is, it shows my facebook name and my profile picture, but thats it.

I have the same issue - even on http://play.spotify.com/. So it is definitely not an app bug, it's the conncetion of spotify with facebook that is messed up. 

Cheers,
Tomasz

is there any update to this, the problem seems to still be happending?

someone could solve this issue?

same issue new user only diffrence is my wife made a account the same day no issues but she can not find me and i cann not find her she can however find all my freinds on spotify yet it looks like i have no account

I´ve never been able to find friends on spotify, every time I´ve tried I get the message "we are sorry, but we can´t not load the friends section" and I´ve done a few times a clean reinstallation. I also have spotify connected to Facebook and I´ve tried with different friends names just in case. Always the same response. Any ideas?

Hey there @deckardrunner,

Thanks for reaching out! 

If you are still unable to see your friends in the Friend Activity field, we'd recommend you to try the steps given in this Spotify Answer.

Let us know if that helped and if not, tell us the steps you've tried and the exact error message you see. You can also add a screenshot. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts