Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New account signup is hanging.

Solved!

New account signup is hanging.

Hi there.

Am trying to set up a new account for my son as we have just upgraded to a family account. Have entered all the information required and clicked signup. After that a wheel spinny thing stays on the screen and nothing happens.
The reCAPTCHA times out and we need to start again after about 5 minutes. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @alibee1

I had the same issue last week. And after long hours I realized the problem was that I:

1. Invited my son to the family plan

2. Tried to set up his account at Spotify.

For some reason, if you do it like that it will not work. What you have to do is:

1. Set up the account, making sure the email address you're trying to set up has not been invited to a family plan before

2. Invite to the family plan

Hope this helps,

Sylvi

View solution in original post

28 Replies

HI! You might want to try creating the account on a different device if possible, also are you sure everything is correct ex email is same in both boxes? Sorry this has happened!

Hi there.

Have tried on my desktop, wifes macbook, sons laptop, my phone and still no luck. I'm 100 percent sure the email addresses are the same. Usually it would error out straight away if the emaill addresses were not the same so that won't be it. This is getting frustrating as I'm paying for a family account and can't even sign my family up to it.

Exact the same here...

I guess that if the birth year of your child ist to young then the registration hangs. Annoing is that all further tries to register the same e-mail address with a older birth year hangs also....

Come on guys, we need a solution for that...

Same problem here. Very frustrating. Tried IE, Chrome, PC, Android...nothing.

I have tried different PCs (linux and windows) different browsers (IE, chrome, firefox) and I am getting the same problem. IE From the https://www.spotify.com/us/signup/ page, when I fill out all the details and press sign-up, I get the spinning wheel and nothing happens.

Please fix / advise as to next steps.

Hope the following info will help developers to debug the issue.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Navigate to spotify.com/int/signup

2. Fill all the required fields with respective data.

3. Click on "SignUp" green button.

Actual result:

Infinite loading spinner appears. 

sign-up-for-spotify.php API call responds with

status code: 400

Response body:

errors: [{code: 15,

field: locale,

translatedMessage: "Your username contains characters that we don't allow"}]

Browser: Chrome 60

--------------------------------------
Be the change you want to see.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
If you like my post - click Like!
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 2.07.59 PM.png

@Rorey could you please have a look and escalate?

Hey @whanau_marama,

Have you tried to remove the underscore from the username?

Have you tried any other usernames to see if that resovles anything?

Do you have any VPN, adblocker or something you may have changed in your router settings?

Let me know as much information as you can and I'll look into finding a solution!

Best,

Jordan 

I have tried to signup without VPN and AdBlocker without success.

VPN appeared to be not a problem, but a solution. When I tried using VPN everything was successful. My location is Kyiv, Ukraine. I tried VPN for Berlin, Germany.

Same problem here, exactly as described.

Same proble. **bleep** is happening with developers? Any solution for problem?

Was this ever fixed? How? It was reported 6 months ago and there' s still people having the same issue (me included)

Same problem here, I think it is about time for developers to fix this issue.

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues

Just some quick questions for some more info as this seems to only happen to a few people and not others!

• What device are you using?
  • What version OS is the device running (eg. Windows 7/8/10, IOS 8/9/10, etc.)?
  • What browser are you using?
  • Is your browser updated to the latest version?
  • Do you have an Adblocker installed (active or not)?
  • Are you using a proxy?
  • Are you connected to WiFi or a mobile network?

If you have any other details you feel might help feel free to list it as well!

Best,

Jordan

Have tried with Mac (High Sierra) on Chrome / Safari (latest updates), Edge on Win10, Chrome on Android, Safari on iOS, using both Wifi and 4G. All are up to date, no adblocker, no proxy.

It's patently not a client-side issue, but I'm guessing you knew that already. My guess would be something IP related.

We're paying for this family service but cannot use it. It's not too much to ask to have it resolved....

Hey @alibee1,

I'm just going to be blunt, I don't work at Spotify so I have no idea what happens in the back end, I simply volunteer my time to help on the forums, so I have no idea what is causing the issue, that's why I'm getting this information. (To pass along to Spotify)

But, thanks for the information, I'll pass it on now for you, could you also provide the specific version of the browsers as well please as this will help in getting a fix out!

Best,

Jordan

Hi @

Marked as solution

Hi @alibee1

I had the same issue last week. And after long hours I realized the problem was that I:

1. Invited my son to the family plan

2. Tried to set up his account at Spotify.

For some reason, if you do it like that it will not work. What you have to do is:

1. Set up the account, making sure the email address you're trying to set up has not been invited to a family plan before

2. Invite to the family plan

Hope this helps,

Sylvi

Hey @Sylvi3,

Thanks for posting your solution! Hopefully it helps everyone else in getting this to work!

I will mark this as the solution now so others can see it when they look at the thread!

Best,

Jordan 

Suggested posts