Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New account signup is hanging.

Solved!

New account signup is hanging.

Hi there.

Am trying to set up a new account for my son as we have just upgraded to a family account. Have entered all the information required and clicked signup. After that a wheel spinny thing stays on the screen and nothing happens.
The reCAPTCHA times out and we need to start again after about 5 minutes. Any ideas?

28 Replies

I'm having same issue. I cancelled the invite for my son, tried to create his account but still same issue.

Just went through process again. Still an issue. **bleep**!

Ok, so used a totally fresh, uninvited email account, and still hanging.  I'm giving up and cancelling and going back to Amazon.

This issue is NOT solved. Using a different email address is not a valid solution. I'm stunned that a bug like this would be allowed to persist, especially since it impacts new user signups (and revenue). Shame on your development team.

Same thing was happening to me. I had to cancel the invitation to my son. As soon as that was done, it went thru. Then resend invite. Bingo.

Hi,

same issue here, tried dozens of time with different browser and ip's through vpn (i'm persistent), then found here what i've thought would be the solution : cancel the invitation then tried to sign up again : failed.

I also tried with another email, never invited, and still have the same issue.

If I cannot get my daughter to join the family plan I think I'll export my playlist and see around Apple's solution if they can at least provide a decent service, which is a shame because this **bleep**ty issue aside I really like Spotify

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear the issue still persists!

Have you tried going into Incognito (or your browsers equivalent) and seeing if that works, or maybe try to clear your browser cache and cookies to see if that may fix the issue?

Let me know how you go!

Best,

Jordan 

Hi Jordan,

tried again today from different computer : yesterday was from home, on Mac OS, chrome, today was from work, on Windows 10, Edge. Still the same issue. Even tried from my phone (Android 7) : same... 😕

I had this problem too, and tried the various suggestions in this conversation. None of the solutions worked.

I finally contacted Spotify chat support, speaking to Heidi H. After 45 minutes, she involved a Specialty Adviser, and after a few minutes identified the problem. The account that I was attempting to create was for a 12 year old. Apparently you have to be older than 12 to have a Spotify account, even if you are on a family plan.

The Specialty Adviser recommended that I create a second account for my child, but using my details/age. This worked.

I suggested that it would be nice if there was a clear message that the problem was to do with age, and was told that they would be sure to let the right folks know about this issue.

Suggested posts