Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New announcement Spotify Free and Premium‏

New announcement Spotify Free and Premium‏

Hi, 

I've been using spotify for a while now, and I am wondering what will happened to my actual plan : Spotify unlimited. 

It seems like spotify is upgrading it's free plan with ads and maybe monthly time listening adding mobile device to it, which is a good thing. 
But as as an unlimited user with no such interest about spotify on Mobile devices, will I be obliged to change plan? go from unlimited to premium or will I be able to keep my unlimited plan without ads and monthly time listening? 
I do have now access to mobile devices connection, I checked it out this morning. As I didn't used this feature so far, I didn't put much thoughts about it (ad free or not). 

I'm sure I am willing to pay to get spotify without ads, this is the reason I subscribed to this plan which seems to be the best one for the use that I have of spotify. I'm not sure I'm willing to pay more, even if the off-line functions could be useful... 

So, what are my options there and will I be obliged to move from Unlimited to one of the two choices remaining? 

6 Replies

From reading around the community, the answer appears to be "we don't know" at the minute what is going to happen with unlimited, still waiting on an official confirmation from Spotify. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ok ,so as far as I'm concerned, the unlimited plan will be remaining to subscription until January. 

After this point, we won't be able to subscribe to it anymore. 

When I read on some posts that the price is different depending on the place you are living in Europe, it's making me mad. 

I think I have to change location from France to Portugal where the unlimited plan is €3.5 instead of the €5 that I'm paying right now. 

will the unlimited plan be worthy of my money, i don't know yet; I'll have to try and think about it. 

Since now the only advantage from free to unlimited is 2 min ad in 1 hour of playing. 

Same access on desktops and tablets, shuffle on phone; 

They surely couldn't add "regular" listening to unlimited plans on phone, the difference between Premium and Unlimited would be less worthy (add €5 -or €3 in Portugal!!) to get offline mode and high quality streaming. 

Therefore, after the first move Spotify made on their connection with social network, thy are now moving forward as expanding their clients database and trying to reach more and more clients, trying to make more profits (no one to blame here…) but I think the further we go the more I keep thinking they are receding from the original point : making a database by music lovers, for music lovers.

This worries me. A lot.

I think I have to change location from France to Portugal where the unlimited plan is €3.5 instead of the €5 that I'm paying right now. 

You can't do that unless you have a payment method registered in the country you want to change too.

Its also been confirmed here unlimited will only remove adverts on the desktop client, everything else is the same as Spotify free. If unlimited is currently available to you, you will be able to continue to subscribe to it as normal in the future - it is only in new markets unlimited is not going to be made available. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey @smallseb - you'll still be able to keep your Unlimited subscription, and if you cancelled it, you'd still be able to resubscribe from your subscription page. But Unlimited is still the only way to listen on your computer without ads, you'll just now have access to free listening on phone/tablet the same as Free users.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi there,

I've been on Unlimited for a while now. Lately a lot of songs that I pick, don't play, though. Alanis Morissette, Rufus Wainwright, Lady Gaga, Enigma... I'm frustrated. I have been corrosponding with different people on the support team and the best advice they could give me so far was to uninstall and reinstall the software.

So is Unlimited a thing of the past now? Is that it?

Disappointed.

@Eirickr -- if you currently have an Unlimited subscription you'll be able to continue using it. You should still be able to listen to music. Did you get a chance to try a reinstall? Our support team will only suggest things they think could help.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts