Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New artist, not in catalog

Solved!

New artist, not in catalog

I uploaded a track from a new artist who is not on spotify yet. I was wondering if it was possible to create his profile before the song goes online.

I want to pitch the Song to spotify playlist curators and need the song to be available before its release.

I checked analytics.spotify and artist.spotify and looked in the catalgue, but the artist is not available yet. How can i add a new artist to my spotify for artists backend?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @hinterhofrecord.

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this! 

We suggest you head on over to the Spotify for Artists support page and fill out the contact form there. They will be able to offer support specifically for any issues with Artist profiles.

Hope that helps! Hit us up if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey there !

Verified artists on Spotify was a bit more complicated in the past as you needed a minimun of 250 followers to get verified.

Lucky us, these days independent artists can use one of Spotify recommended distributers (DistroKid/The Orchard) as an offical and high standard distributer.

As far as pitching your music to playlist, it a task you have to commit to, but first take under consideration that verified artists and songs are the only ones to be available for pitching or promotion as for legal reasons.

I'd suggest reading this article here on how to get your music on Spotify as a first and basic step.

Then when your music gets checked and verified keep on promoting it.

hope this shed some light,

Let me know if i can help with anything else.

Marked as solution

Hey @hinterhofrecord.

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this! 

We suggest you head on over to the Spotify for Artists support page and fill out the contact form there. They will be able to offer support specifically for any issues with Artist profiles.

Hope that helps! Hit us up if you have any other questions.

Suggested posts