Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New family account for parents?

New family account for parents?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue:

We have existing family account. I want to setup and pay for a second family account for my parents who live at other residence. I assume Spotify OK with this but seems trickier than I expected. My parents have zero tech savy so I want setup for them first, setup their accounts with/for them, and invite them in. Can I use same email as existing account to setup the new account with a different address? Any other how-to information to make this easier?

1 Reply

Hi,

I don't think you want to have two family accounts. You just want to help setting up their family account. Using the same email address is not a good idea, this can cause problems.

You could use the email address of your parents to setup premium, of course they have to give you the password. You can also create a new email address, for example an outlook address which you only use for spotify but which is owned by your parents. Then it's definitely not a problem to share the password.

Also keep in mind that you are not allowed to use the same family account as your parents because you live at a different address I assume. Check this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

Then check subscription, premium, family.

Regards,

René

Suggested posts