Step 1

NEXT STEP

New login to Spotify

Solved!

New login to Spotify

Hello! On my mail constantly coming messages:

"New login to Spotify"

(I attach screenshot of my mail)

This is not my login, i live in Russia, so I was doing all what recommended in that cases: 

• Logout from everywhere.
  • I remove access for any application in account settings.
  • I change the password.
  • I'm NOT login anywhere after this, except of official Spotify app from Google Play.

But at this morning i receive new mail with New login to Spotify warning, in which i see what is again not me(because login again from USA).

What yet can i do?

Screenshot_20210201-084203_Gmail.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @taravasya2!

I'm sorry to hear you think someone else may have gained access to your Spotify account. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @taravasya2!

I'm sorry to hear you think someone else may have gained access to your Spotify account. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Oooohhh... My fault.
The problem was in my old account, which I registered for a long time and have not used it for a long time. This account was registered by email, letters from which are forwarded to my main email, to which my current account is registered. I did not pay attention to the fact that the letters with "New login to Spotify" were addressed to that old account that I do not use, and performed all the protective actions in the my new account.

Anyway, now I reset password for my old account and I`m sure what "New login to Spotify" will stop.

Hello @taravasya2!

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear you figured out how to solve this. Make sure to let me know if you have any other issues, I'll be here to help.

handShake30fps.gif

Jose_MSpotify Star

I'm having this problem, too. I don't have another account.

I log in from the same computer every time. The IP has not changed. Unless I log in from my phone, which also has not changed. Is that what does it - switch from computer to phone?

Is this system not smart enough to recognize a device I've logged in from before? That's poor.

Anyone else?

Hey there @Geodactyl,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

We suggest that you follow the steps in the article that @Jose_M provided.

You can also check out this article that provides you actions you can take to protect your account.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to. We're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts