Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New phone

New phone

I just got the new iPhone 5. My spotify premium account has my work computers PC playlists but won't let me play them and is asking me to upgrade?
8 Replies

Hey @Earty1020 ! Welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Is your account still showing as premium when you log into your online overview

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter. No, should I re-sign up? I was still in my 30 day free trial. Thank you!

Strange, can you see a receipt on your account for that 30 day trial? (Just checking cause I don't want you to be double billed).

Normally once the 30 day free trial ends, you will be charged for premium monthly automatically unless you cancelled. I would check the email address tied to your Spotify account since if a payment failed you will have gotten an automated message about it. 

Peter

Peter

I found the receipt in an email from September 26. What can I do to get the premium back?

That receipt email will have a username in it (normally). 

Does the username in that receipt match the one displayed on your online overview

You definitely shouldn't need to resubscribe, since that subscription should still be valid.

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter,

The usernames do not match. My username/ID on my receipt is a long list of numbers, whereas on here it appears to be the first part of my email (earty1020.) I have the receipt if that helps. Can you help? Thank you!

The numerical username is a red flag - you have set up your subscription whilst logged into Spotify using your Facebook details (even if you where not aware of it!), so if you sign in using the same details as on Facebook you should find your premium. If you want it moved over to your proper account, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to do that for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ™‚

Suggested posts