Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New to Spotify but no Premium Account

Solved!

New to Spotify but no Premium Account

Hello,

i've just registered to Spotify a few days ago via Facebook because it became finally available to my country, Germany. The first two or three days I could use it like I wanted: Streaming music in Windows, Linux and Windows Phone 7 and make it available offline.

But since yesterday I can't use my WP7 App and the Linux client anymore. It says I have to upgrade to Premium. I've read that the first 6 month I will get Premium for free.

Isn't this true?

Greets,

Chris

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

ChrisKay - That sucks. I'm just popping an email over to you now.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey Chris, welcome to the Community.

Sorry for any confusion here. To clarify, the first 6 months of Spotify come without any time or play limits, though you'll still need Premium to use it on a mobile device.

It looks like you were on our 48 hour free trial on the 13th so were able to use it on your phone for this time. You should be able to carry on with this trial by entering your payment details on your profile page.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hello again,

I've now added paypal to my payment details but it didn't change anything. I still had just a Spotify Free account and I couldn't use the Linux client. 

Anyway... because I want to hear music mainly on my phone I ordered a premium account. A big banner appearing in the Linux client says I'd get it for free the first 30 days.

Well, I didn't. 😉

I've just paid for one month. 

It's OK because I think it's worth it but it sucks if there are such intransparent or non working offers like that. 

Greets,

Chris

Marked as solution

ChrisKay - That sucks. I'm just popping an email over to you now.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks for that 😉

Suggested posts