Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New to Spotify - problems with creating an account and login

New to Spotify - problems with creating an account and login

Hi. 

New to Spotify - problems with creating an account and login.

While creating an account I used my iPhone and pressed the "Sign up with facebook" in the Spotify app. On my iPhone I got "Unable to log in (error code 404)". I tried the same on my iPad but without success. 

The I created a password through the Facebook app, so I might be able to login to the Spotify app using my facebook email and the new password - didn't work. I was told: "Incorrect username or password."

Then I tried using my Facebook login - email and password - didn't work. 

Then I removed the Spotify app on my Facebook account. Tried to sign up again with my Facebook but got the "Unable to log in (error code 404)" message again. 

Then I removed the Spotify app on my Facebook account again and tried to sign up without using Facebook but just by using email. I got this message: "That email address is already registered". 

Great! I thought. Now I can get the password sent to my email address and I can perhaps login that way. NOPE! I got this message: "It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings page at <a href="http://www.facebook.com" target=" blank">facebook.com</a>."

I don't know if all this "<a href="http://www.facebook.com" target=" blank">facebook.com</a>." is a link or something, but it is certainly not helping me. 

THEN I tried login on my Mac using Safari, Chrome and Firefox - still not working and still not working with or without Facebook. 

I AM LOST

I've created an account using another email address to be able to post this - but I would prefer to connect my account with Facebook and use my other email address

1 Reply

Hey @leabirch,

Welcome to the community! 

We'd recommend reaching to our support team - they'll be able to get this sorted for you. 

You can get in touch with them via TwitterFacebook, or Email. If there's anything we can do to help in the meantime, just give us a shout.

Thanks,

Leo

Suggested posts