Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Solved!

New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Premium

USA

LG Stylo 4

Android

The update for june 2019 android sucks i logged in and the layout is different listed by albums not songs which is stupid and I have premium whoever thought is an **bleep**! and should be fired I'm not able to enjoy my music like I want to know I got to search through albums and albums so NO ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA and I'm not the only one who feels this way SO SWITCH IT BACK! it stays this way I'm going to a better app which let's me enjoy my music and can search through the library with ease and I'm not the type to complain at all yet you messing with how I listen to my music...SO AGAIN CHANGE IT BACK IT WAS FINE THE WAY IT WAS PERIOD.

Screenshot_2019-06-13-15-00-34.png
284 Replies

Sorry one last thing.

It's slow, like REALLY slow on my phone. 

I can see the buffering in the play button below as i'm navigating through the app.

And when I go to veiw an artist sometimes it doesn't even load, I have to go out and back onto the the Artist several times before I can view my saved songs.

And it's even worse when I'm offline.

It's also very glitchy. It'll save the same song several times over under an artist.

Why didn't you guys finese all of this before you realsed the update, it's just sloppy work and a slap in the face to your consumers that you don't care that it's not a finished piece. 

And no where on social media have I seen Spotify address the upset they have cause which is sending off alarm bells and red flags for me that they have no intentions of listening to thier paying and non paying customers.

This is just such a disapointment. 

Hey there @changeitback,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! 

With the new look, the Albums sections will show only albums you've saved. This means that when you like (<3) an album, the songs in the album won’t be added to your Liked Songs playlist. Instead, the album will be added in your Albums section.

If you wish to save individual songs from an album to your Liked Songs, all you need to do is like each song. So, if you like for example 4 songs only from an album, you'll need to like these 4 songs. After that, they should appear in your Liked Songs playlist.

Further, to save all the songs in an album to your Liked Songs playlist, click the “…” menu and then click “Like all songs”. You should be able to shuffle all songs within this playlist with no issues.

Regarding your Artists, you don't need to follow any if you don't want to. You should also be able to access any artist's page, even if you're not following them.

Other Spotify users have mentioned that seeing all the saved songs by an artists is something they'd like to see again. There's an idea about this that you can add your support to by leaving a comment with your feedback and +VOTE here. This way, you can stay up to speed with any updates or news we have regarding this.

On another note, all your songs should be now available in a new ‘Liked Songs’ playlist. If you're not seeing all songs you previously could, we'd recommend making sure that there are no active filters that could be displaying for example only your downloaded songs. If that doesn't help, we'd suggest starting a new thread in the related Help Board (eg. Android or iPhone) and we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Let us know how things go! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey there @grandterr,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

If having the option to choose which look you'd like is something you'd like to see, we'd recommend heading over to our Ideas Exchange and sharing it there. This way, other Community users can add their feedback there. 

You can also find more information about how your ideas reach Spotify or how thet get implemented in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps! Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Thank you for the quick response, I submitted my vote and am hoping for the best. I have faith that this will be a minor bump in the road. Nice to see a large company taking its customer feedback seriously.

Hope you also have a lovely day.

Hey there #username,

This is a canned response that we send out so we don't have to actually communicate with our paying userbase like humans. We don't actually give a s*it, but we will post 17 of these redirecting you to 20 different threads instead of just posting one statement on whether there are any considerations to revert some of the functions in the update. We'll also give you detailed 10-step workarounds on how to perform the same function you did with 2 clicks for several years, because we care about the customer :).

I don't know, maybe I'm USING SPOTIFY WRONG, but when I save 1 song from a 20 song album, it's probably because I want to listen to just that one song and not the other 19 songs that I didn't Save/Like for some fu*king reason.

Maybe, just maybe, if I want to listen to a few of my liked songs, it's far more convenient to scroll through 50 albums than to scroll through 1000 randomly sorted songs.

Maybe when I already saved a song from an album and listened to it over 300 times, I DON'T NEED YOU TO PUT IT IN MY RECOMMENDED ALBUMS SECTION WHICH IS SEPARATE FROM THE REGULAR ALBUMS, WHERE THE SONG WAS FOR YEARS, AND THIS SECTION ISN'T ALPHABETICALLY SORTED FOR SOME REASON.

Oh and the best part of all. Before, if you had 2 albums each with 1 song and you played song #1, and added song #2 into queue, song #1 was played and then song #2 was played. Now? Thanks to the brilliant addition of all the other songs in the album, if I play song #1 and queue song #2, I get to listen to EVERY SONG THAT COMES AFTER SONG#1 IN THE ALBUM BEFORE IT PLAYS SONG#2. Truly brilliant 2019 design. Very user-friendly, tell me what the fu*k I should listen to Spotify, because I guess I'm too dumb to figure it out by myself.

Do the people coming up with these ideas even use Spotify? Or was this just one of those updates that was created, so that somebody doesn't get fired because they need to justify their position by changing things for the sake of change?

I've been using Spotify for 3 years and in that time I haven't made a single post here, because everything was fine. Thankfully you made up for the 3 years of a great service by rolling out the dumbest update possible. 

If I can't have my liked songs individually in the albums, which is a function that has existed in Spotify for years and I loved it, I'll be switching to a different service or just pirate songs like I used to. The service in its current state is just not worth the subscription fee.

I totally agree, them getting rid of "recently played" has no joke affected my life...

That was the best thing. Knowing what music ive recently played it all I did. I actually beg for this to come back, the new update is ablsoute trash. Ill be moving to apple music if I dont see any improvements. Loved spotify but so upset this happend. As if they would update it, there was no need....

I don't understand the logic of removing the alphabet dial? I have thousands upon thousands of songs, even ordered alphabetically it'll takes incredibly long to find what I'm looking for.

Can't believe anyone thought this was a good idea.

Dear god yes this update is atrocious. Who on earth thought this update was a good idea? Did this get looked at by literally anyone that actually uses the app? I really hope they change it back because otherwise I honestly don't think I'll continue using the app. PLEASE REVERT THIS TERRIBLE UPDATE!!!!

I would also like to add that now the app is incredibly slow. Takes ages just to look at an album's tracks. Lovely. And now all the songs I had saved that weren't an entire album are now just one huge playlist for some brain dead reason? Makes sense(hint that was sarcasm). Went to listen to an album I have specific songs saved from, and found out I couldn't because y'all done goofed. Whatever god forsaken being came up with this change clearly just wants to watch the world burn. I've never commented on here before, but this update is just wow. 

I actually registered for the community specifically to complain about this.

It is such a terrible, terrible update. I cannot believe that it made it through so many stages of approval and testing.

Why would I have spent years adding songs to my library to now only be able to view them in a playlist? I don't want to follow every band that I want to browse in my library. 

On desktop, everything is then sorted in a seemingly random order that does not correspond to any system I can recognise.

Truly awful, misguided update. Considering cancelling family account having never questioned the expense before.

Hi Katerina

No, it actually doesn't, at least not on Android.  I get pages of artists in no particular order but somehow recommended for me.

This update might work well for some (i.e.  people who focus on a similar group of artists or a genre) but it's made the client all but unusable for me; I make a lot of use of the alphabetic artist list and it 'just works'.

Not saying you should bin the new UI but instead give people the choice - if it works then use it, if not then don't.

Ditto.  Just doesn't work for me I'm afraid.

How about offering people the choice instead - keep the current UI or try the new one (and go back if it sucks for you).

^This

Please let people choose the UI behaviour to suit their needs.  Same for whether liking a song adds the artist to your collection.

Forgot to mention, registered on the community site to post this - the update really is that bad.

Again, maybe this works for some folk and good for them but for others it doesn't so how about letting people choose.  Yeah blah blah codebase and extra effort etc but it's that or a growing list of really unhappy punters.

Number of songs isn't listed anymore. Searchbar above library/playlists isn't responsive and filter isn't either. I pay for premium and it doesn't work. 

I agree with your complaint too.

This update s u c k s.

And if I do not like the new Spotifay? Can I use the version that suits me? I want to remove Spotify because I am uncomfortable with the new Spotifay.

That's dumb. And your dumb answers made me cancel my subscription. 

Thanks, but I need an older version for Iphone and Windows 10.

What about the artists/albums sections not being alphabetical anymore? The only ones that are alphabetical are the ones I follow.  I don’t want to follow every artist I have songs downloaded from just to make their albums alphabetical.

Please fix this!

I agree with everyon stating that we should be able to choose which UI we would like to use. Sorta like a Configuration preference. We should have an option to use a UI tailored to Music or the new one aimed more towards Podcasts..... or even create a separate app for Podcasts. That way users have the choice between which version they'd like to use.

I understand wanting to update and improve services but people loved the simplicity of the app. It was extremely well laid out and organized. Now that structured layout has been essentially removed.

I agree, this update makes it difficult to even hear saved songs in random order, as would usually do. Guess I'll be moving back to apple.

Luis Terrazas

Suggested posts