Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Solved!

New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Premium

USA

LG Stylo 4

Android

The update for june 2019 android sucks i logged in and the layout is different listed by albums not songs which is stupid and I have premium whoever thought is an **bleep**! and should be fired I'm not able to enjoy my music like I want to know I got to search through albums and albums so NO ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA and I'm not the only one who feels this way SO SWITCH IT BACK! it stays this way I'm going to a better app which let's me enjoy my music and can search through the library with ease and I'm not the type to complain at all yet you messing with how I listen to my music...SO AGAIN CHANGE IT BACK IT WAS FINE THE WAY IT WAS PERIOD.

Screenshot_2019-06-13-15-00-34.png
284 Replies

Why change? Who complained? This update is horrible for all the stated reasons of others, PERSONALLY I HAVE TO GO BACK INTO EVERY FOLLOWED ARTIST &ReDOWNLOAD NOW AGAIN! BECAUSE IT'S EASIER TO GO STRAIGHT INTO A SEARCH THAN IT IS TOO LOOK UP YOUR SAVED & FOLLOWED ARTISTS IN YOUR LIBRARY,,, WHY? JUST WHEN THERES COMFORT IN USAGE, THEY CHANGE FOR NO REASON BUT TO CAUSE PROBLEMS?? & IT'S HAPPENED BEFORE & OFTEN ENOUGH TO ASK WHY? All my saved artists & songs take so much time to download when they just use to appear by simply touching the icon, what's going on the screen goes blank & at the bottom a download bar appears like a internet timewarp back to 1998, WHY CHANGE STUFF SO ITS WORSE OR ANYTHING SO OFTEN AT ALL, WHEN THINGS ARE FINE, WHo DOES THIS!?! Everyone anymore just  because we can't be settled & satisfied.

New update sucks, the app used to work just fine. Now I can't drag down a search menu in my library and type in the song or asrtist I want to find quickly, I have to hit the 3 dots at the top right and then click search. It may seem like a small change but it's frustrating considering it was implemented perfectly before the update. Also my preferences such as repeat or shuffle reset every time I start playing a playlist. If this stays I'll go back to Pandora, I don't understand how you can take 5 steps backwards developing this app, do the devs have no common sense?

This new update is garbage. I don't want to go back and "follow" every artist whose songs I have downloaded. If you dont roll this update back, my family plan will be canceled. Who thought this was a good idea? The organization was perfectly fine and is now almost unusable.

I totally agree! I reached out to support today and Bota F was no help!

This new update ruined my spotify experience and I've had premium for nearly 6 years!

Dear Spotify,

I dont ever post on things like this but listen to music a lot...like a lot a lot.  I don't have a whole lot of patience for this horrible update. All of the reasons have been posted hear ad nauseam.  If I cant get my saved/liked music quickly, and sort it the way I wamt to then I'm out.  The Follow solution doesn't solve it all. Change it back or I'm cancelling and going to YouTube Music.  I may be cancelling by tomorrow. 

Im obviously not the only one. Did y'all even do any focus groups? Unbelievably bad update.

I used to be able to Scroll through my liked songs with the alphabet on the right hand side. It takes forever now! The new update isn’t my favorite because of that. Is there a way to bring that back?? I know I can search for a song but it takes much longer to do that, plus I don’t always remember the name of the whole song but know where to look for it. 

I am not happy with the update, no way to listen to music I have downloaded to the phone so it constantly goes in and out when I go away from a good connection. Why have we lost easy functionality, someone needs sacking off and I will be gone on next subscription as I won’t be paying for something I can’t use. 

Switch it back this is straight garbage. Why would I not like a song that I download? It makes me do it twice and if it’s an album the tracks are arranged backwards the way we have to save now. Who the h=ll thought this was a good idea? 

Just posting to add my vote/concern as well. I personally use the Albums view the most, that way I can see the album art and click on the one I wanna listen to. With this new update, it no longer shows my Liked songs in the Albums view unless I have the entire album Liked (which counts against the ridiculous 10k limit). So I can no longer see Albums for single songs that I have Liked. The old update worked fine for this. 

Setting the filter to artist doesn't work at all. Nothing changes its still a random mess of music. Spotify seriously how dumb are you guys. How come no one raised their hand and said this idea totally sucks let's not ruin the app for everyone. 

Stop asking for likes when you haven't been helpful. Every single person has said change it back. Listen. 

So what, now I have to go through all of the artists I have saved songs by and follow them individually? I have songs saved by HUNDREDS of artists. Actually ridiculous you guys have done this to the app. Worse mistake than Snapchat screwing up their app.

How can I even listen to songs randomly? There's no Songs menu / option / list... 

Like, seriously Spotify?

I try not to be an **bleep**, and I know you more than likely have nothing to do with the new UI, but Jesus Christ how **bleep**ing stupid are y’all? What made y’all think that this new UI would be beneficial to anyone? Thanks to this new “update” I’ve lost the majority of my listed artists and imma have to dig through my downloaded albums just to add them back. And as for the filter being able to sort the artists from A-Z, doesn’t **bleep**ing work. Get **bleep** together and change this update back to the way it was PLEASE. 

Couldn't agree more!

Why the f**k have they changed it?!? It makes absolutely no sense at all!

Who the **bleep** doesn't want their Artists in alphabetical order?!

This is so annoying 👎🏻😡

Just a note for anyone with jailbroken iPhone, Spotify ver. 8.5.0 has the good old UI..

Complete garbage! Clearly the developers aren’t customers, cause this is So counterintuitive and makes accessing your saved music **bleep**! So disappointed and giving up on Spotify.

I need some way to switch things back!

I listen to music in two ways: by artist and by playlist. Listening to music by artist IS **bleep**

I used to be able to scroll through all my artists easily with the A-Z on the side to allow me to browse from 311 to White Zombie easily. Now I have to follow ALL my artists and I have to scroll through them all individually to get to the ones lower down the list! This is awful and I hate it. I listen to my music every single day and this is a huge problem for me

Where is the side scroll bar!?!?Where is the side scroll bar!?!?

Set up an account on here to say this. Completely agree with the rest of the people on the thread. It's user unfriendly and unbelievably slow. As a paying costumer it's easy for me to go over to one of your competitors which, unless I can easily download an older version of the app, I will do. Been a huge fan for years but this is completely useless.

I really liked having all of my recently played things, Artists + Playlists, in one list on the homepage. Now I have to switch back and forth between two lists to do something that used to be so easy. Please change it back, thanks.

Suggested posts