New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Solved!

Re: New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

pukaman
Regular

**bleep** yes I was like "where are my saved Artists" "why I am having to follow the again". Spotify please stop changing the UI and make actual improvements like a "remove from playlist" button.

Musiclover224
Casual Listener

I agree just switch it back! None of the other spotify updates were ever this bad. In fact they usually mad improvements and were more user friendly.  This is just a step backwards! I enjoy seeing all my songs and sometimes just listening  my library of songs on shuffle and now I can't do that. As a loyal premium subscriber if they don't fix UI they will certainly be losing my bussiness.  Please fix it spotify you have turned many loyal customers into very frustrated ones. 

For reference this new update just took effect as of 6/19/19 on my Samsung Galaxy S9+

Screenshot_20190619-071052_Spotify.jpg

bernie_electric

I agree as well, Spotify keeps pissing me off. I liked keeping a list of recently played albums and now that appears gone, it’s a giant pain in the **bleep** to my Spotify experience. 

OutsidaII
Regular

I know this is mostly about the mobile app but you could you please also revert this back on the desktop version as well. I kept thinking that I was losing my saved songs off of albums and it turns out that they're just not being displayed because you made the worst design choice ever. If I got to albums I should still be able to see the album cover even if I only have one song saved from it. It seems ridiculous that I have to scroll through the Songs list just to find one song.

If you're going to make us save the entire album just so it shows up can you at least provide and option that plays only checked songs?

I'm seriously looking into other streaming options because this new change is endlessly frustrating. 

Leweesj47
Casual Listener

Why? Why change this - it was ideal before.  It was useful!

I could find new music and download it and have it easy to find.

I don't want to follow any musicians, especially if they're someone I'm downloading to listen to for the first time.  

How do I roll my app back?  This needs fixing asap or I'm moving to someone who doesn't muck up their users experience because they've got nothing better to do

SteveDashOh

SOLUTION: once in your 'Liked Songs', click the three dots in the top right corner, and there is an option to 'Find in Liked Songs' where you can search like before. 

I agree this is whack but at least there is a hack solution. Hope this helps the peeps. 

johnny_chimpo

I totally agree, this update is appalling. The recently played list has just disappeared! (yes, we know it's on the home screen but it's not a list and only has about 12 artists/albums!) CHANGE IT BACK TO EXACTLY HOW IT WAS!

Leweesj47
Casual Listener

I am now spending my day at work manually following c150 artitsts, 1 by 1 - none of whom I want to 'follow', just so I can access my music the way I want to. 

I have c4,000 'liked' songs - I don't want a 4000 song playlist! I like listening to artists by the songs I've liked of theirs so.

Fix this chaos!

Highlighted

Brendankoen

Hello,

The suggestion to filter by artist only works for alphabetizing your saved music IF YOU FOLLOW EVERY ARTIST WHOS MUSIC YOUVE EVER SAVED.

And that's why this version is a dismal failure.

fordicejw

Katerina,

The problem is that some of us don't want to follow every artist in our library, but we would still like the individual songs we've 'liked' or 'saved' by them to appear in our library organized by artist, alphabetically. Due to this recent update, there's really no point in 'liking' a single song by an artist if you have no intention of following them.

For example, I love the song 'Purple Lamborghini' by Rick Ross, but I don't like most of his discography, and don't particularly care when/if he releases new music. I would rather the one song I've explicitly indicated that I like to be organized in my library - in alphabetical order, by artist.

Spotify's music discovery features were already the best in the business. I'm not sure why they though they needed to shove new music in our faces on our 'artists' tab when the 'browse' tab was working perfectly.

Really hoping the UX team will see all of the clickstream data showing that people are frustrated/confused in the next week or so and discuss a revert.

J

SUGGESTED POSTS