NEXT STEP

New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Solved!

New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Premium

USA

LG Stylo 4

Android

The update for june 2019 android sucks i logged in and the layout is different listed by albums not songs which is stupid and I have premium whoever thought is an **bleep**! and should be fired I'm not able to enjoy my music like I want to know I got to search through albums and albums so NO ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA and I'm not the only one who feels this way SO SWITCH IT BACK! it stays this way I'm going to a better app which let's me enjoy my music and can search through the library with ease and I'm not the type to complain at all yet you messing with how I listen to my music...SO AGAIN CHANGE IT BACK IT WAS FINE THE WAY IT WAS PERIOD.

Screenshot_2019-06-13-15-00-34.png
284 Replies

Why why why have you removed the recently played list and then have the cheek to advise on how much better the new way is?! I never post on these kinds of forums but I've had to break my own rule. Listen to you customers... especially the paying ones and CHANGE IT BACK! Hhhmmm... Where's that 'cancel subscription' button..... 

I don't understand why it now makes you save full albums to your library even though you only actually want like 2 or 3 songs from the album. For example, If I want to listen to "Believers Never Die Comp" by fall out boy, I can't just listen to the songs that I have saved in my library without saving the album and listening to all of the songs that don't interest me, why do I have to listen to multiple songs that I don't care about just for like the five that I actually do like.

I never post on “community forums” either but this change had me feeling helpless.

Don’t be like Apple; if it ain’t broken don’t fix it!!!

• I agree, I don't want to see the whole album just the songs I've saved. And why don't albums that I've saved a couple songs from appear in my library anymore. This update is garbage.

Yup fukING SUCKS !!!!!!!!!! FukING ABSOLUTELY HATE IT !!!!!! WANT MY fukING MONEY BACK WORST UPDATE TO EVER HAPPEN. ANGERS ME TO HAVE TO USE THE APP WAS GREAT THE OLD WAY WAS ABEL TO FIND MY MUSIC CANT EVEN FIND IT ALPHABETICALLY. PERSON WHO DID THIS APP SHOULD BE fuking fired AND IF THEY POST A NUMBER I CALL THEM AND COMPLAIN DIRECTLY EVERYDAY fuking assss.

You made a big mess with the way we look for and store music in the app. Please go back to what it was. I am seriously thinking about cancelling my subscription!!!

SWITCH BACK I can’t see all my songs and play through them all anymore. Only have playlist option or album, or artist..... wth?! 

I want to be able to go through all my songs. You need to fix this or on to the next music app I will go. Even though Spotify is by far the best one so far. I came to Spotify because it was already the best stop changing it pricks 

Honestly though why do we have to vote to keep an app we pay for to have basic functionality as if this change back for searching shouldn't be absolutely immediate. Listen to your customers, the reason you have a job. A search feature is what we want. It should always be there. Searching is the most revolutionary concept of the past 20 years. Google search, searching for old friends on Facebook, searching by hash tag on Instagram. So Spotify is like yea let's make searching hard! Why? Truly what marketing hack thought this up. I get you want me to discover new music and what not but I want to be happy. Keep me happy. Keep allowing me to quickly access my happy songs and when I'm falling asleep on my commute home from work I'll stick with shuffle. But come on. And again the vote? Seriously just fix the issue. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! It looks ridiculous and is no longer user friendly.

Like many others here, I've never had to post but this new update is absolutely terrible. I can't stand it, I don't even use podcasts and I'm not going to. The old library was fine just the way it was. If someone from the spotify team actually responds to this please give some good news that you guys are going to fix it. If this update isn't fixed I'm switching to Apple music, I've been with spotify for 3 years.

But this is just terrible, who had the bright idea to roll this out and actually thought people would enjoy this? Should have left a option to use the new UI or stay with the same one as before. 

Agreed.

I really miss the alphabetic scroll feature. What use is my vast library when I lose the way to browse it? I’ve been a premium user for years but this makes me want to start looking around for other options. 

1. Yes that is true, but it displays all the songs separately and not as all the artists you have in your library. You can only sort them by the artists. Depending how much many songs you have you have to scroll trough all the songs you have just to find one song. This is very inconvenient! I do not understand why spotify has decided to hinder the experience of its users. The whole application experience has turned from practical and fun to a complete mess. I urge Spotify to correct this! 

The change where you now have to manually add artists after you download their songs is not good. If we download an artist's song or album, that artist should show up on our list without additional input required. This is how it was and it made sense. Who is downloading songs or albums that they don't want to be able to find? Also, your app generally works terribly if cellular internet service is poor. Please make it so downloaded songs load well regardless of internet connection. Thanks!

-Rich

I absolutly agree with you.. the new UI is really terrible.. 
Please Spotify-Developers.. Change it back..
I really don't want to change my music provider but if you make such terrible updates you will lose a lot of customers like me..

100% agree. Please roll it back the new UI is terrible. Its like Snapchat all over again, new UI everyone dislikes. Lets just hope Spotify listen and roll it back

I totally agree. I spent 10 minutes just to find my songs, and what is even more annoying, that the offline button disappeared from my notification bar. That was the best feature, I just cannot understand why they did that like a surprise...

The worst ever.  I am going to try Pandora or other providers.  This is unusable **bleep**.

Went to use Spotify in the car yesterday and ended up listening to FM radio. Went to put music on this morning on my iPad and gave up. No Radio stations unless I make them new and then they show up in playlists. We ended up listening to NPR.

Spotify has never been that great in the car where I do mosy of my use with it. Many times it just won't work at all but if I switch to the "free" Pandora app it boots right up. This format sucks. What's the point in paying $132 per year to make my life harder and get annoyed. 

Maybe come up with better algorithims instead of the mess that's on there now. 

Agree. I use the Android app every day and have building my artist library for years. It has been great and well worth the $10 a month, until now with this new update. My user experience has been comprimised. I urge Spotify to roll it back. At least allow me to view all of my artists in alphabetical order. 

Spotify mentions that this is supposed to make getting to our music easier.

Separating Music and Podcasts, fine that makes sense.

Removing the songs tab, Sucks. How does this make getting to my music easier?

Removing artists from your library that you don't currently follow, What the **bleep**? Half the music that I listen too is now much harder to find. If I want to listen to a specific artist's catalogue on random I'm **bleep**. Now I can only listen to specific albums. 

Keep the Podcast/Music split. Put everything else back, now.

Suggested posts