NEXT STEP

New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Solved!

New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Premium

USA

LG Stylo 4

Android

The update for june 2019 android sucks i logged in and the layout is different listed by albums not songs which is stupid and I have premium whoever thought is an **bleep**! and should be fired I'm not able to enjoy my music like I want to know I got to search through albums and albums so NO ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA and I'm not the only one who feels this way SO SWITCH IT BACK! it stays this way I'm going to a better app which let's me enjoy my music and can search through the library with ease and I'm not the type to complain at all yet you messing with how I listen to my music...SO AGAIN CHANGE IT BACK IT WAS FINE THE WAY IT WAS PERIOD.

Screenshot_2019-06-13-15-00-34.png
284 Replies

They dropped my podcast list all together and there’s no separate tab for that. It does not make sense if I can’t find my podcasts!

Please change the spotify update back. I've never made a post before, but I will cancel my subscription if this is not changed. I hate the new layout, look, and fact that I can't see the order to which I added songs to my saved list via my mobile device. Honestly, who green lighted this change? This is really aggrevating because of my personal investment into this has been enormous over the past four years and I'm considering moving everything to Apple music or pandora. Change this right now. At least give the OPTION to opt for the old look. F!@k y'all! (Very upsetting!!!)

Someone make a petition please! wth.

https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/versions 

Uninstall your current version of Spotify. Go to Google Playstore and disable all automatic updates. Then go to this website and download version 7.9. 

Problem solved. 

https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/versions 

Uninstall your current version of Spotify. Go to Google Playstore and disable all automatic updates. Then go to this website and download version 7.9. 

Problem solved

Good suggestion Zack. Disabling auto update on all my apps is not something I would want to do though. However, I found an article on the Hexnode website about disabling it on SELECTED apps, like Spotify. (do a search, I couldn't paste link). I'm definitely going to be rolling mine back and cutting them off!

Ideally Spotify would realize that they have degraded their service and fix it on their end. Until then, happy streaming.

SWITCH IT BACK SPOTIFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only works for Android.

I wont be renewing my subscription after June update. Looks like I'm going to switch to Amazon Music unless they switch back to old version. Really? No alphabetical order. What the **bleep**? Forced to scroll thru a thousand songs just to find one. No order to new version at all.

I don't know how anybody could look at this update and say "Yeah, this is a great upgrade alright".  The downgrade of the album section is probably the worst part, especially when it comes to finding not fully saved albums by artists whose names are displayed in a foreign alphabet (e.g. the Cyrillic alphabet). Before the update, it was possible to just keep scrolling until I found the song/album I wanted to listen to... now I'm suddenly required to go into the "Favorite songs" list and either scroll through nearly 7000 songs (which takes more time than scrolling through all albums) or find the name of the artist in whatever alphabet it's displayed in on Spotify and copy + paste it in order to find the song/album quickly. Additionally, a lot of releases which only consist of a few songs aren't displayed in the album section either, regardless of whether I have the whole album saved or not. Lots of single/double song releases are now gone from my album library (but not all, which makes it all the more confusing!). Who exactly is this update for? The people who only have 100 or fewer songs in their library?

The recent update is a disgrace, nothing more, nothing less.

Like many others, i have never been compelled to post on any forum. EVER. Please go back to the original style, or at least give options to customize and make it how we, the paying users of Spotify would like it. Why take away intuitive for streamline?! This feels like itunes all over again. Switch it back, or i am walking!

The advice of uninstalling and going back to an older version seems like really bad advice. 

There doesn't seem to be any Radio tab at all unless you tag go to artist radio and then it's in your playlist section. I went to look for some music that I regularly play in the morning for my wife and it was no longer in the artist section. I also tried finding some artists I normally put on when my wife is also listening. It took 52 seconds to find on my computer, 42 seconds on my iPad and 1 minute 5 seconds on my iPhone. This is fast?

Evverything is jumbled up. To be clear I was never perfectly happy with the interface as it previously was but it was workable. This new interface has nothing going for it. They should have allowed customers to try a Beta version first before screwing up the entire thing. 

Never posted here. Made an account just to do so as I really dislike the update. For music enthusiasts the layout is terrible. There is no way to scroll through artists alphabetically which is very frustrating as I often like to look through my artists to decide what to listen to. I don’t want a jumbled mix of suggestions based on algorithms. The new layout is very poor and I think it leans heavily toward casual listeners. I will make the switch off Spotify quickly if this is the direction Spotify sticks to which is a bummer as I have liked the service until now.  For the ever increasing monthly fee we pay there should be more options rather than being stuck with a sub par UI. Very disappointed. 

Bring old ui back a huge portion of users cant stand new ui there was no good reason to change it 

"Updating" a thing is dumb and you should just fire who ever's sucking **bleep** for a "hey look at my idea because i just got a promotion" Because of this garbage I now have to start searching for a spotify alternative because who ever Spotify hired for UI development is is **bleep**ing dumb and pulled a JC Penny. Thanks for making this as garbage as iTunes.

A+ for only finding Yes men to validate**bleep** ideas and garbarge UI.

Like many others i signed up just to let you know this.

The Library is a MESS now, i mostly use the Desktop app.

Artists? All GONE, horrible. I wouldn't even mind following artists, but i only want saved songs in my library NOT AN ARTISTS ENTIRE COLLECTION.

Albums? ONLY FULL ALBUMS. Before the latest update I HAD THE CHOICE of showing ALL albums or FULL albums only

Spotify was easy and intuitive to use, i'm not paying for whatever this is now.

To force me to use playlists like they did 10 years ago is BS. I always ever just used the shuffle all songs section and search for this. Now I have to fiddle with it while driving which is not safe. If I can’t just shuffle all music, what’s the point? 

I think we can reach a middle ground. Please bring back the scroll wheel, the ability to shuffle all downloaded songs, and the sorting options, and we’re good.

So basically scrap this layout because it sucks. 

Absolutely agree! I hate it! Gonna cancel my family membership and move somewhere else! That’s what’s wrong with people, you gotta good thing going and you just don’t hang on to it! 

Taking away the songs tab and recently played section has removed 95% of my usage on this app. BRING IT BACK

Spotify have gone strangely quiet on this thread? I hope that means ya'll are working hard to fix this blunder . Please let us know soon as billing time is coming round again. I'm not going to keep handing over £14.99 a month for something that no longer works for me . 

Suggested posts