NEXT STEP

New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Solved!

New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Premium

USA

LG Stylo 4

Android

The update for june 2019 android sucks i logged in and the layout is different listed by albums not songs which is stupid and I have premium whoever thought is an **bleep**! and should be fired I'm not able to enjoy my music like I want to know I got to search through albums and albums so NO ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA and I'm not the only one who feels this way SO SWITCH IT BACK! it stays this way I'm going to a better app which let's me enjoy my music and can search through the library with ease and I'm not the type to complain at all yet you messing with how I listen to my music...SO AGAIN CHANGE IT BACK IT WAS FINE THE WAY IT WAS PERIOD.

Screenshot_2019-06-13-15-00-34.png
284 Replies

side note: the podcast tab isn’t bad by any means. you guys did alright with that one. i’m a heavy music listener w spotify but i also listen to podcast sometimes and luckily that wasn’t entirely destroyed like our music libraries were. 

I joined this forum just to express my disatisfaction with the update. I'm not paying you the family rate to have you tell me what to listen to and make me download entire albums. 

Your design was awesome. Why did you ruin it? Why did you take away my options to listen to the songs I want to listen to? 

Doesn't look like Spotify is going to listen to its loyal customers.  I will give Spotify another week and then I will be cancelling my premium subscription and finding another music service. 

I'm on apple music site. I have the family plan with spotify. It's the same as apple. There are a few songs I can't live without. If apple has them, I will switch. 

Spotify wants us to jump through hoops. Stop telling us to like a song, follow the artist, then we can sort through the list. Really? I have a job and family, I don't have time for this nonsense. 

I understand why they want us to follow the artist. Then they can go back and say look how many of our members follow you. It inflates the numbers. 

Just let me sort without going through two steps, and let me download what I want. I'm not asking for a lot.

I give them 2 weeks to straigthen this nonsense out. 

+1 SWITCH IT BACK - the update is terrible, I don't want to have to follow every artist to get them to appear in my Artists page.

Having them in alphabetical order, with at least one liked song, was a great way to further find new artists off of Discover Weekly playlists. 

Also, there should be a list view option again instead of all of the space taken by band profile photos. 

Nobody is going to use spotify for podcasts because the rating/review and search mechanism is opaque. 

Over the course of this year, the Spotify library has become entirely useless. Organizing music by song, album, and artist makes perfect sense. Now, I have to "follow" artists for them to show up, and liking an album saves the album but does not add the songs to the library anymore--what??

I love being able to listen to my *entire* library on shuffle, and now I have to add everything twice (album + all songs) for them to show up my stupid liked songs playlist.

Why Spotify implemented this new structure is beyond me. It's just complete garbage.

I am so glad I am not alone on this one. The update makes absolutely no sense and makes it atrociously difficult to find the songs I'm looking for. I get it that they're putting the songs you've just listened to at the top of your list because you might want to listen to them again, but there is ZERO organization for everything else. Keeping things alphabetical was the most sensible thing they had, now it's just a free for all of infinitely changing lists of music where I have Whitney Houston inappropriately positioned next to Gucci Mane. Did nobody in the board meeting want to speak up and just say "Hey guys, this makes no sense. We probably shouldn't do away with the ONE organizational principle that makes our platform easy to use." Moral of the story, Spotify please fix the interface.   

Agree with all of the above.  Very frustrating that they keep telling us to "learn more about the update" rather than hearing that that problem is not that we don't understand how the update works, the problem is that it sucks.

Used to really love Spotify.  Now may have to quit if this doesn't get fixed.  Sad.

I just went throught the "contact" links from my account page and was able to live chat with an actual person.  I was polite but clear about all of these issues.  I think they get that they have to make some changes soon, she claimed they were working on it right now.  I would recommend the "live chat" as an option for folks here.  If we flood them with live chat complaints  -  complain, but maybe be nice and civil  -  they sort of have to "listen", since they seem to be ingnoring this thread now.  : (

It at least helped me feel like I was doing something.

Totally agree, it's utter trash. These people keep changing things that work because they want to keep their jobs.

The fact I can no longer see any albums not fully  saved in the album section is a disgrace. I no longer have access to my music. Instead all I have is a ginormous playlist which the artwork can't even be viewed upon. Hopeless.

I didn’t subscribe to Spotify for them to unilaterally without my consent - completely change my Spotify library. 

With you - change it back to previous format - SPOTIFY. !!!!!!!

This update is terrible. Force following an artist to see them in your artist list is a stupid idea. I'm going to cancel premium if this isn't fixed soon. 

I already C A N C E L L E D my subscription! I am having a good time at Google Play!

Went to play an album yesterday, and then wondered why all of the stuff I hadn't saved started playing. Oh right, Spotify made the decision that I have to go to "Liked Songs" to hear the songs I like from an album. Heart. Heart Heart. Because heart = like. Wrong.

Love of music is the only thing that should be keeping people here listening, and motiviating artists to promote their work that they crafted out of love.

If Spotify is banking on wearing people down with these changes that show no intelligence, and force them to comply because they think they have to, they won't be doing it on my dollar. I'm calling you out, Spotify. Let's see if you have the courage to say you made a mistake. Prove that you aren't going to settle for less; though at this point, "less" doesn't even cut it. It's more to say that this new update has been like digging a hole, hopping in, and thinking about pulling the hole in after you. But I digress.

Spotify, you shouldn't be afraid to dream a little bigger.

Not being able to see my list of songs I've last played is like browsing the Internet without the websites I go to saving in the history! 

Spotify.... Hear your customers and change the app so its user friendly again! 

New look ruins the ease of using Spotify on mobile.

If I cancel my Premium account, and renew later, are all of my Playlists gone forever?

You can download older versions from this site. Just turn off auto updates.
https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android

Sooo it’s become apparent that Spotify doesn’t care that we don’t like the new update 

My Library is a mess, it's not even alphabetical and there are bands in there that I don't have any albums saved or don't even like. 

I feel like the people that thought up the new UX are the same people that were eating Tide Pods.  Cancelled premium today. Cant get past the update. 

Suggested posts