New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Solved!

Re: New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Filippilny
Casual Listener

I just love how they are not responding to this thread anymore pretending like this update is perfect and everyone likes it 😂😂😂

Mosstresdicater
Casual Listener

SPOTIFY HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF CUSTOMER COMFORT WHEN YOUR MAKING UNNECESSARY CHANGES. It's been days and there's still no resolve or public response I'm seeing anywhere. Everyone is signing out signing back in. Everyone is removing and redownloading or updating the app. My response yesterday about the loadbar at bottom is actually the length of the currently playing song, but, the Ethernet 1996 bicentennial RE-downloading of EVERY SINGLE LIKED & FOLLOWED ARTIST ISNT IN ANY CONVENIENCE OR COMFORT TO ANY SINGLE PAYING CUSTOMER! EXCEPTIONALLY, SINCE IT'S TAKING SO LONG. WITHOUT ANY EMAIL from spotify OR FIX IN WHAT SEEMS TO BE AT LEAST 4/6 DAY PERIOD! Going back through every followed artist *THE SCREEN GOES BLACK*. Up to 3/5 mins for the screen to show artist, then you have to ReDOWNLOAD the favorites/ saved songs from the/each artist screen *THE SCREEN GOES BLACK AGAIN*, taking another 2/5 minutes to download! PLEASE THINK OF CUSTOMER COMFORT NEXT TIME YOUR CO. DOES THIS TO ITS PAYING CUSTOMERS. DONT FIX AINT BROKED? NO COMPLAINING NO STRAINING? why did ya do it? Why don't you fix or answer PUBLICLY?

hopegiometti

But what about the recently played? Is there anyway to get that back or is that just completely gone is the dumpster fire of a UI you **bleep** created? (and yes i know it's still there on the home page, but don't play dumb, we both know it's not the **bleep**ing same or really even functional)

northforkinv
Regular

I disagree.  I can get used to the cosmetic changes.  one real system change that i love is that you can save an album without saving all the songs against your maximum song save list.  i like hearing an album rather than just a single but i kept running against my saved song cap.  don't think that will be an issue anymore.  thanks guys. (now fix the simultaneous speaker problem and I'll be very happy.)

alisoul
Casual Listener

Totally agree....can't find loads of my albums and nothing is in order...can't find a **bleep** thing.

Awful update that needs to be reversed immediately. I've recently been hacked too so not loving Spotify at the moment. I'm a premium member but that will be changing shortly if they dont sort this soon.

OdinicWanderer

This new update is absolute garbage. Spotify has succeeded in making the app worst in the midst of other music streaming apps be coming popular. If this last update is not fixes I will unsubscribe and try someone else.

erik_ripley

I 100% agree with everything people have posted on here. I have saved songs from  1500+ artist and none of them come up on my phone now. If your telling me I have to go like all the artists to be able to see the songs I like you are effing crazy. especially since everyone else is saying they don't even come up in alphabetical order. I have spent 5 years building my library in spotify.  I don't listen to playlists  except ones I make because I discover music organicly based on my own moods, feelings and taste, not your trash algerithems. 

Also I don't know if this is the case because I am not going to mess with the BS you put up but If by liking an artist to show my favorited songs shows me all the artist music that would be awful too. In many cases I like only 1 or 2 songs from an artis while in other cases I like over 50 songs from an artist. Regardless of where on the scale an artist lies I want to listen to the songs I like from them not the songs that I have purpously left out of my library.

Spotify has always done a pretty good job in the past but this is maybe the worst decition a music streaming service could make. Please fix it now and fire whoever made the decition to design this update like this.

Daniloc101

The new update is trash. Roll back.

EdgeOfThorns
Regular

How can you prevent it from auto updating on Android??

It just auto updated again and 2 seconds with that horrible ui is dreadful, I swear only a complete moron who doesn't even use this app gave this the ok

Using Google until this gets fixed

gto1720

This new library interface is really inconvenient. Songs I saved and arists I follow are now seperated out, why was this done? It's much more difficult to go through my library now. Is anything being done to fix this? When are you going to change it back or give users the ability to use the older library?

SUGGESTED POSTS