NEXT STEP

New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Solved!

New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Premium

USA

LG Stylo 4

Android

The update for june 2019 android sucks i logged in and the layout is different listed by albums not songs which is stupid and I have premium whoever thought is an **bleep**! and should be fired I'm not able to enjoy my music like I want to know I got to search through albums and albums so NO ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA and I'm not the only one who feels this way SO SWITCH IT BACK! it stays this way I'm going to a better app which let's me enjoy my music and can search through the library with ease and I'm not the type to complain at all yet you messing with how I listen to my music...SO AGAIN CHANGE IT BACK IT WAS FINE THE WAY IT WAS PERIOD.

Screenshot_2019-06-13-15-00-34.png
284 Replies

So now if I want to play only the 4 songs I've downloaded from a larger album, I can't. I only have the option of playing the ENTIRE ALBUM, not just songs I liked and specifically downloaded. This update is garbage and whoever pitched it and whoever approved it should be fired. You don't need to keep changing everything. Be happy with your product and go work on something else! If it's not reversed I'll be cancelling my subscription within the month.

Spotify.... Are you going to respond to all this anytime soon?

I am already at Google Play. Just waiting a week or so to see if Spotify come to reality. If not, I will cancel my Spotify subscripition and encourage you to do the same.  It seems the only way to do them realize the mess they did with the app and how really angry are their old and loyal customers!

Asked the same question in, "[Your Library] Bring Spotify's old UI back" (ideas exchange)

Taking money while removing basic functionality, unacceptable. 

I listen to music A LOT (like, for several hours everyday), and before the update I loved the convenience and personalization of Spotify. But now they've completely f*cked up my listening experience and made browsing music a chore and more work than its worth.

I used to listen to music by scrolling through my artists until I came across something that I felt like listening to, so being able to see all of my saved artists in one place was very important to me. Same goes for my albums. Now I have to search for everything, and most of the time I don't even have a specific artist or album in mind when I want to listen to music.

Clearly, Spotify is catering to the artists instead of their subscribers with this update. I now have to "Follow" an artist for them to appear in my Artists tab?! I don't want to have to go back and follow every one of the HUNDREDS of artists I listen to just so I can access them in my library. Now I also can't just add a few songs from an album to my library and still be able to access those songs in my Albums tab. Now the album only shows up if I "Like" the entire album. The songs on my liked albums aren't even automatically added to my Liked Songs playlist (which is stupid and unwieldy anyway)?! What the f*ck's with THAT? 

This is not f*cking Twitter or Instagram!! I don't want to "follow" an artist or "like" an album. I want to be able to easily access the music I CHOOSE to put in my library and I WANT to hear. I am PAYING for this streaming service. I should not be required to provide artists with "follows" to be able to find my personally curated music in my personal library. 

Whatever dumb*ss approved this update should be fired. What were they trying to accomplish? If it was customer dissatisfation and loss in profit then they succeeded. If Spotify does not revert to the old ui or reinstate the actually USEFUL features on the app, I will discontinue my subscription after five years as a loyal customer and find a new streaming service.

Right... This "update" seems to be designed more to pamper record labels and artists than anything else. I wonder what benefit is there in following Frank Sinatra now?? He's been dead for 21 years!!!!! A great deal of the artists I like are already dead! Why should I follow them?? 

Indeed this sounds more like record labels being assholes and pushing to have**bleep** their way than you guys being considerate to the costumer. If that's  the case then I don't see this crappy update reverted anytime soon. Time for me to consider Tidal or Apple music or... ugh... Youtube music... ewww.

Is there a way to revert back to the previous version? It's really impacting the way I listen to music (in a negative way). Over the years I have never considered dropping my Premium subscription, but this makes me want to do just that.

The worst thing for me, is the fact that my android auto now takes the first song added on Liked Songs, as well.

That was the main reason i used that, instead of my own playlist, because it took the latest added song.

So now i have no way of listening to the last song i added, **bleep**ing sucks. 

So it seems like Spotify isn’t getting fixed....

I totally agree with u, I have Android 8 and I still got this terrible Spotify update. Whenever I decide to go by artists instead of songs, it´s like the app acts up and takes a while to load up the artist's library, it sucks. Oh, and I also noticed that whenever you are on shuffle play mode and then you just decide to select a song yourself, it automatically takes the mode off, which I don't recall happening on the previous versions. I feel y'all, too bad.

I agree the new update is absolutely horrible. Imo the worst aspect of it is how artists in your library are no longer listed alphabetically making it extremely hard to find  what you're looking for. Spotify fox this or i too will be downgrading from premium 

@Katerina wrote:

Hey there @smahoneykeene,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community and welcome!

No worries, you should be able to sort your artists in an an alphabetical order by following the steps below:

1. Tap Artists to access the Artists tab.
  2. Once you've accessed it (like it looks in your screenshot), swipe down.
  3. Click Filters:Screenshot_20190614_105935.jpg

4. In the Sort by menu that appears select Artist to view your artists alphabetically, or by Recently Added to view them in the order you followed them:Screenshot_20190614_110001.jpg

There's more info about sorting and filtering Your Library in this Spotify Answer

We'd also recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback in a comment in the idea mentioned above if you'd like to be able to use the old look.

Keep in mind that there's more info on how to use the new Your Library look in this Spotify Answer

Hope this helps clarify things! If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to let us know.

Have a lovely day 🙂

This doesn't work 

Riiiight? You actually have to like songs and then follow the artist, each
separately. I spent like 2 hours following my liked songs artists so they
could be alphabetically filtered. Already started my free trial on YouTube
music lol

Instead of trying to tell everyone how to use the new format why doesnt spotify listen to its paying customers when they say the new layout is horrible and go back to the old version everyone loved. That or lose all your customers and go out of business 

The saved songs in playlist method of sorting you mentioned works thank you. 

Yup, totally. Don't we all agree that this is a terrible update? We are not
complaining about it just because, changing the way that people has
listened to music for years is just not right

Peace brother ✌🏼

With all due respect @Katerina, we dont care how to use this mess. We want to use as we always did. If you are going to be so stubborn about keeping it like this, then I suggest you give us a bigger songs limit than only 10000 songs since most of us will fill that up before we can save every single **bleep** album we have.

So spotify closed the idea everyone was voting on to bring the old ui back, and just gave a trash copy pasted response linking to the article explaining how the changes work like we're all stupid. We understand how the changes work spotify. We just don't like them. Most of us hate them very much. Stop trying to force us to accept this idiotic alteration to a service we pay for. At this point it's highly likely spotify will lose a large portion of it's customers since they refuse to acknowledge that they **bleep**ed up majorly. Time to look into alternatives to this dumpster fire.

Suggested posts