Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Solved!

New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Premium

USA

LG Stylo 4

Android

The update for june 2019 android sucks i logged in and the layout is different listed by albums not songs which is stupid and I have premium whoever thought is an **bleep**! and should be fired I'm not able to enjoy my music like I want to know I got to search through albums and albums so NO ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA and I'm not the only one who feels this way SO SWITCH IT BACK! it stays this way I'm going to a better app which let's me enjoy my music and can search through the library with ease and I'm not the type to complain at all yet you messing with how I listen to my music...SO AGAIN CHANGE IT BACK IT WAS FINE THE WAY IT WAS PERIOD.

Screenshot_2019-06-13-15-00-34.png
284 Replies

whoever thought it would be a good idea to seperate liked songs and saved songs is a complete moron. it was perfect the way it was, once i saved the song (and i could do it with a single song!), it appeared in both artists and albums catalog, as well as on a list of all my saved songs.

now when i like the song, i can't find it anywhere else. i no longer can download a single song, only the entire album. when i 'like' an album, the songs appear on the playlist in a random order. they still don't appear in the album catalog.

this is a mess and it needs to be fixed. spotify was my favorite cause it was easy to use which is the most important feature of an app. now i have difficulty listening to the songs i wanna listen to.

i'm not even gonna mention how long it takes to load any page since the update cause that's completely ridiculous.

please consider coming back to the old 'saved songs' style as it's the only way to save the app and keep it usable.

Can you please just add the songs tab back? You can’t search your own library for a song. Like how dumb can this get?  You’ve literally added steps to something which was perfect.  Like seriously who’s idea was this? Some songs I have liked, others are downloaded by offline playlists over years, other I’ve saved to library and I can’t even search my library to find a song.  Read that again.  You can’t search, your own library, for a song.  Fix this. 

This new update is absolute trash! Who in their right mind would entirely change the interface so extensively that it makes it not only impossible to quickly find a specific song but also require users to restablish the bulk of their libraries by having to “follow” an artist?

Moronic!!!!!! If the old interface isn’t made available again the near future, Spotify will be relegated to the same place my old cassette collection is residing ... FIX IT!!!

This is by far the worst user interface I have seen and I do programming on some messed up user interface software and theirs is 100x better than this. I cant even find how to play all the song I downloaded on shuffle. Artists arent even in alphabetical order. I pay for this service and they turned it into a crappy service. Spotify is about to lose a customer over this. wth is this!!! If it isnt broken dont fix it. The old set up was perfect. You didnt need to fix it!

Marked as solution

Hey all,

We want you to know that we appreciate all the feedback provided and we're working on continuously improving how everyone enjoys their music with Spotify. In order for us to properly gather your feedback around specific changes, we'll be closing this topic and directing you instead to specific Ideas we'll list below.

Please note that if you want to submit a new Idea to the Idea Exchange, it should meet the following requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Ideas should be posted in English.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed - we need specific information on exactly what you are liking/disliking about the latest update in a per-thread format.
  • Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.

We feel a lot of the feedback you're giving in this thread is summarized in the below ideas: 
Be sure to check out this Spotify Answers as well that explains how to use Your Library. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Suggested posts