New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Solved!

Re: New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

NiteOwl
Casual Listener

If you are on android, you can rollback the update and reinstall an older version of spotify to restore the menus that you liked.  Make sure to turn off automatic updates on the spotify app.  Version 8.4.99.111 has the old menu styles.

freebeatfly
Casual Listener

There needs to be a way to access songs more quickly though than having to endlessly scroll... please add back the quick jump by letter! 

Gmacbrew
Casual Listener

How do I roll back it? I am premium member and this new version makes me want to cancel it all

Positive311
Casual Listener

Get rid of this update ASAP! This update is horrible! All of my albums are no longer in alphabetical order and I have way too many just to scroll up and down through to find out what I wanna listen to. This update is ridiculous. Please revert back to the old version. There was nothing wrong with it. 

Thejamray

Ive never commented but jeez, this update is like the dumbest thing in the world, i get that its a regular thing for apps to update and not everyone is happy, but for a music app built for personalization, this is a massive back step, from tiny things like not being able to search for music in your "Liked Songs" playlist without multiple taps to search, to just the scroll bar even, its like behind a banner, its not a good look, be better devs, why break what isnt broken

mca90guitar
Casual Listener

This **bleep**, if this doesn't get switch back I'm cancelling and going to Pandora.   Who the **bleep** thought removing alphabetical order for the artists was a good idea?    

Lobo11

Everybody keeps mentioning the album orders and saved songs but there are so many other things. I have to hunt for my “made for you” section instead of it being right there. One that is a deal breaker for me is that I now can’t see how many songs are in my playlist anymore?? wth seriously? This update seems like a purposeful purge of users. For 5 years I’ve been switching people over to Spotify and praising it constantly but this update alone shamed the app beyond repair. JUST CHANGE IT BACK!! Knowing the stubbornness of tech companies that probably won’t happen, but if you gave two pieces of **bleep** you might. Seriously disappointed like I never thought I would be. Disgrace

Alex_Ironside

Hi, how i can find my "all song" list? I dont want to listen single artist at the time... I want all my song in a list and random it! As no longer available?!?! Please RETURN TO THE OLD SYSTEM THAT DROVE ME CRAZY!!!!!!

JoshuaMorton316

It used to be simple and easy to organize the music you enjoy based on how the music was sorted alphabetically, with a dial for people with too much to sift through. I used to organize my music by albums, regardless of whether the entire album was downloaded or not. It was a simple way to categorize songs. I had a lot of songs, so the dial felt necessary. If it takes 2 minutes of scrolling to find the song you want to hear, than a mechanic such as the dial is a necessary addition. Simply put, I found the old format for organizing and managing the music one likes was easier and more effective than the current format.

D0DKALM

I've never commented before, but feel the need to.  The new update is terrible, and what makes it worse is that it's totally unnecessary.  An update should not be detrimental to the user experience.  Please allow users to select which ui they want, because I am seriously considering terminating my account. 

SUGGESTED POSTS