New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Solved!

Re: New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Shane96
Casual Listener

Terrible new update so much more confusing and hard to use. I hate that I cant search through all my downloaded songs under artists. I have way too much music to go through all liked songs or albums. artists is the easiest way to look through my music but now I have to follow each artist. Why in the **bleep**??? So annoying 

Shane96
Casual Listener

Terrible system please bring back artists category like it was I dont want to have to follow every artist I've already liked a song of. So dumb

victor2200
Casual Listener

this is absolute trash, I don't even understand why theses modifications have been made, everything used to work perfectly fine, now it's total bs, please do something...

If i hadn't something like 5 years of music saved on the app i'll have switched to deezer the day after the update.

it's sad because that's one the 3 or 4 apps i use most of the time

Blover
Visitor

I’m not interested in having to re learn how to navigate the app just because you decide to change the interface every week. This is no longer the product I originally paid for. I will be cancelling my membership, this is ridiculous 

MusicThrowbacks
Music Fan

A lot of you guys are just one big drama queen! I don't understand the big upset? Every single software developer makes changes! It's a fact of computer life! I don't see this change as a whole big deal. It is in essence the same application, with a few things added on. Why are you guys so upset, just because Spotify added podcasts? So, you don't like podcasts........ But a lot of people do...... I would never change over to any other streaming service, taking the chance of loosing a bunch of music I've worked so hard to collect. That is a very childish move some of you are making. I highly suggest you rethink that.

Surfg6
Casual Listener

Yes i mean honesly who thought this was a good idea,

It makes it so much harder now to find your playlists and what you recently played, i mean a lot of the times you are driving or something where you cant be on your phone so it was always nice to know you could go back and ad or listen to that song again. Now,, no no now you have to watch the phone like a hawk. 

Sorry guys but I really hate the new update it is absolute rubbish, really makes me wonder what kind of people thinks this is a good version seriously its 2019 and technology is so refined and you drop something like this. Very sloppy

renaeadel24
Casual Listener
It has nothing to do with podcasts being added....

This new update has made it harder for people to find music within their library, especially those who have a larger collection. It has also changed the way you save music. Plus, they’ve removed the alphabetical scroll that would have made the other changes much more bearable.

Yes, software developers do make changes. But, those changes are made to make the users’ experience even more pleasant, make it more accessible. This update did the opposite. They “fixed” something that wasn’t broken. That is what everyone is upset about.

MayJac

So stupid how it now won't allow you to download certain songs if they're on an album - makes you download the entire album. I used this service a lot for downloaded music and now it's very annoying to use and frustrating as I can't download the specific songs i want. User interface on this update is also terrible - the old experience was a million times better. Terrible update Spotify.

jedi_alex
Casual Listener

Storytime:

One year ago, on July 5, 2018 (2018-07-05), Spotify test drove some of the features that they would later implement in this cursed June update. Guess what - people didn't like the changes they tried to make then. In fact, you can read for yourself how it all went down. Throw this into your search bar:

[All Platforms][Your Music] Go Back to Saving Music to "Songs" Instead of "Favourite Songs"

Also here is an appropriate GIF:

howtobespotify.gif

Meanwhile, I'm conducting the labour-intensive process of moving my music collection. Soon Spotify will be in my rearview mirror.

gregware100865
Casual Listener
  • ALONG time ago man worked out that to be organised, filing information in ALPHABETICAL ORDER made it quick and easy to access and locate. It seems that level of common sense DOESN'T exist at SPOTIFY. Thankyou to the IMBOCILES that allowed this current ridiculous update to go thru...Put it back to how it was STUPIDFY !!!
SUGGESTED POSTS