New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Solved!

Re: New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Spaceman_Spiff_
Casual Listener

I registered my account to the community just to speak on this.

I fell in love with Spotify years ago. I would think of an artist, raid their discography, and press “like” on all the songs that caught my ear. Then, when I wanted to listen to that artist again, I’d go to my Library and have an instantly curated list of that artist’s songs.

Now you guys have forced me to either listen to whole albums, which I hate doing, or make hundreds of playlists for each and every artist, which clutters up my playlist folder and takes a ton of time. Years of curated playlists are inaccessible now.

Please, switch back to the UI that your users have grown to love. It was intuitive and simple. Thank you for hearing our voices and for working hard on an app that true music lovers can depend on.

bellagirl0526

@NiteOwl Do you have a link for the older versions to download on an iphone? I see this is for android. Thanks!

charmquark
Casual Listener

The new design has made saving certain albums seemingly impossible. For some (usually deluxe) albums that have bonus tracks or demo tracks added to them, I would save only the songs that were part of the original track listing, then from the library, download the album. Now those tracks that I've saved have become "liked," and in my library, what is "saved" is the entire deluxe album, unwanted tracks and all. Worse still is that the entire album is downloaded, and not just the previously "saved" and "liked" tracks.

Does anyone else have this problem with the new design or is there a way to fix it? This makes me want to cancel my premium subscription. 

hpeaux

I agree I want that on the record. GIVE BACK RECENTLY PLAYED. 

Ecoh104

AGREED!! The main reason I came here was to see if anyone else felt this way. The alphabetical index on the side saves so much time. At least bring that back, please!

mca90guitar
Casual Listener

@Alex_Ironside wrote:

Hi, how i can find my "all song" list? I dont want to listen single artist at the time... I want all my song in a list and random it! As no longer available?!?! Please RETURN TO THE OLD SYSTEM THAT DROVE ME CRAZY!!!!!!

Go to online mode then go to your library.  

Go to the playlist tab and where it says "liked songs". That should have all the songs from the artists to downloaded. I had to hit download again so I could listen to them in offline mode.     It's dumb but that's what we have to work with.  

BlackDog_LV

This update is the absolute worst! First off why would you get rid of the side scroller? If anyone has more than 50 songs saved it infuriating to look at your songs! The menus are ugly, dated and minimal! This “update” makes listening to music a chore! Revert back, otherwise it seems Apple Music will be the go to!

changeitback
Casual Listener

What about the fact that it now only lets you save whole albums and not slected songs!? I don't every song from an album, I would like the four that I like, what am I paying for? I cant just go to itunes instead then, and buy what I want?

Also why do i have to follow and artist, what is that supposed to achive? are you guys trying to do instragm but on spoify? give over. 

changeitback
Casual Listener

Liked songs is not all the songs, why isn't there an all songs tab? why did you get rid of that?

changeitback
Casual Listener

This update is awful, just awful. 

They got rid of the all songs tab, no more shuffle all.

You can't save indiviual songs, only full albums.

You can't access any artsits unless you follow them (Why is this a thing? We're not on instragram or twitter, you are a streaming service).

The layout is blocky and childish.

Previously the artist's songs that you liked were saved under the artsit, so if you're in the mood for just some John Mayer, (but only the selected songs you enjoy) easy go find him in the artist section and bam shufle all, I'm bopping along. 

NOW I can't do that. It's either his entire discography on his artist page (including all the live songs I don't want to listen to) or his individual albums to listen to sperately, but no no not the songs I have chosen ALL OF THEM because screw you paying customer, here's all of them because we know better.

This is just such a disappointment from a service that was so superior and now, well now I'm looking at Apple Music and thinking maybe I should leave Spotify and go to Apple Music. 

SUGGESTED POSTS