New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Solved!

Re: New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

EdgeOfThorns
Regular

Never posted but had to come in and say that whoever approved this needs demoted or fired. It's beyond comprehension how someone could ok this update. If it doesn't get changed I'll find a new service

Edit: installed older version, where for Android/note 9 do i disable auto update?

RobK15

Well, I've been moved to actually activating my account just so I can comment on this. 

This update has removed the feature in Spotify that I value the most, for absolutely no sensible reason.  It's truly awful, and I hope the update gets reverted (or the missing features are re-implimented) as soon as possible.  

Why change something that was working fine?  Who is this update catering to, and how did removing features that allow for ease of sorting and finding music (you know, music I know I like and may not be able to remember in the moment, that isn't an automatically generated playlist)? 

Malus131
Casual Listener

I literally made this **bleep** account to say how **bleep** this update it. I use spotify all the time, went to listen to my recently play (you know that list of like... God knows how many albums, not the 5 on home) and its changed. 

The new interface is just so horrible. At least let me choose which one I want!

Nycmusicplayer

So confused why they changed the look and feel once again without any fundamental updates. 

Where are all the so called community ideas being added to this app?

I’d actually enjoy useful things to help me listen to more music

-Like setting bookmarks to sections within a playlist

-Jump to now playing song title in the playlist

-and basically better management of tracks within a playlist not a million things before. 

This is app has so many paint points 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

@Lobo11We’ve added a new Made For You section on Search to reliably find your Daily Mixes, Discover Weekly, Release Radar, and other personalized playlists. But you can also find them in a shelf on Home.

NYL_TWITTER_03_MadeForYou.gif

@mca90guitar : No worries, you should be able to sort the Artists section aphabetically. You can do so so by swipping down while you are in the Artists section, to see the Filters tab:

Screenshot_20190614_105935.jpg

Once you tap Filters, you will see a pop-up menu with the option to Sort by Artist.

There's more info about sorting in this Spotify Answer as well.

@Alex_Ironside : Your saved songs should appear from now on in a playlist called Liked Songs at the top of the Playlists section for fast access. You can still listen to them on Shuffle if you wish, no worries!

@JoshuaMorton316 : Thanks for adding your feedback! Keep in mind that while there's no dial to access each letter for faster access, you can still sort your playlists, Liked Songs playlist, Albums or Artists alphabetically. There's more info here

Further, if a dial is something you'd like to see in the app in the future, we'd recommend heading over to the Ideas Exchange and adding your idea there

There's information on how your feedback from there reaches Spotify here.

Let us know how things go! We'll be right here if there's anything we can help with.

Have a lovely day :)

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

grandterr
Music Fan

Just give people a bit more options to customize. You seem to have that idealistic idea to have one perfect design - which is dumb. People have different needs and habits.

Hey there @Spaceman_Spiff_,

Thanks for posting here in the Community and welcome!

Other Spotify users have posted this idea about seeing the old view of the Artists section. In this case, we'd recommending heading over to that idea and adding your +VOTE there. You can also leave your feedback in a comment to contribute to the discussion.

This way, you can stay updated on the status of the idea or any news we have to pass on.

If you're interested on how your feedback reaches Spotify, make sure to check this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

KaterinaModerator
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Hey there @hpeaux,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

You can still find your Recently Played songs, albums and playlists, no worries!

Instead of looking for it in Your Library, you can now find it on Home.

Hope this helps! Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

KaterinaModerator

Hey @BlackDog_LV and @Ecoh104,

Thanks for adding your feedback and welcome both to the Community!

If seeing a side slider to access your artists faster by selecting a letter of the aphabet is something you'd like to see again in the app, we'd recommend heading over to our Ideas Exchange.

This way, other Community users can add their vote and contribute to the discussion regarding this feature. 

On another note, if you're curious about how your feedback reaces Spotify, we'd suggest taking a look at this Spotify Answer

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

KaterinaModerator

NortonAC

I never post on anything. Like ever. And I made an account just so I could comment. This is so ridiculous. I’m scrolling through the comments and someone from Spotify keeps commenting on how you can change this or that or they’ve redirected something into a different area of the app. It was simply so much easier to have EVERYTHING accessible through the library. I liked having an “all songs” tab so I could view what I had recently added and just access and listen to my songs through there. And I could shuffle ALL OF MY SONGS and I don’t see that feature on there now. I shouldn’t have to jump to home to view what I had recently played when, again, it was easier to just view in my library. This new update is garbage. I shouldn’t have to put all the songs I want to listen to, at the moment, into a playlist or go searching through artists or albums to listen to what I want. I can barely remember the artist, let alone the album, when I’m in the mood to listen to what I want. This update has just ruined my whole experience and if something doesn’t change, I’ll find some other service. This update was supposed to make it easier to search through the library, but it has changed how I access and listen to my music. Why change what was working perfectly fine? Why didn’t you do a survey to all of your customers before making this update to see if they’d want the app to change? You’ve changed people’s listening experience. Who does this update cater to? And if people enjoy the new update, that’s great for them, but what if I’m not enjoying this update? Is there a way for me to get the Spotify from before this update back? 

SUGGESTED POSTS