Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Solved!

New update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK

Premium

USA

LG Stylo 4

Android

The update for june 2019 android sucks i logged in and the layout is different listed by albums not songs which is stupid and I have premium whoever thought is an **bleep**! and should be fired I'm not able to enjoy my music like I want to know I got to search through albums and albums so NO ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA and I'm not the only one who feels this way SO SWITCH IT BACK! it stays this way I'm going to a better app which let's me enjoy my music and can search through the library with ease and I'm not the type to complain at all yet you messing with how I listen to my music...SO AGAIN CHANGE IT BACK IT WAS FINE THE WAY IT WAS PERIOD.

Screenshot_2019-06-13-15-00-34.png
284 Replies

No, this doesn't fix anything if you don't follow every artist who you liked songs from

Revert it or I will unsubscribe, that system is terrible 

Hi there, if you are still stuck I found a handy way to organise your liked songs like before👍🏻

EB620FFE-C8DC-442E-86BA-8B426879566D.jpeg

The worst thing for me is the fact they have removed 'recently played' I ALWAYS use this option to quickly locate my last played playlists/albums/songs and now it's gone. I create a lot of private playlists and losing this function has made a mockery of what I wanted out of Spotify. If they don't give the option to change back I most definatley will be canceling my family account.....it's all on you Spotify, if you want my money or not, and looking at all the other user comments it's very clear that they are all thinking of leaving you too, so to me it's a no brainer what you should do next. I would be careful as you could lose a very high amount of subcriptions...all for what?

@erik_ripley wrote:

I 100% agree with everything people have posted on here. I have saved songs from  1500+ artist and none of them come up on my phone now. If your telling me I have to go like all the artists to be able to see the songs I like you are effing crazy. especially since everyone else is saying they don't even come up in alphabetical order. I have spent 5 years building my library in spotify.  I don't listen to playlists  except ones I make because I discover music organicly based on my own moods, feelings and taste, not your trash algerithems. 

Also I don't know if this is the case because I am not going to mess with the BS you put up but If by liking an artist to show my favorited songs shows me all the artist music that would be awful too. In many cases I like only 1 or 2 songs from an artis while in other cases I like over 50 songs from an artist. Regardless of where on the scale an artist lies I want to listen to the songs I like from them not the songs that I have purpously left out of my library.

Spotify has always done a pretty good job in the past but this is maybe the worst decition a music streaming service could make. Please fix it now and fire whoever made the decition to design this update like this.

This +100

The Filter feature is not available in my Artists view, and I have Premium, so I cannot use the Sort solution you suggest.

So many things wrong with this new update that have already been stated.  Bring back the old recently played list that takes you to the songs you have saved, not the artists page.  Didn't you guys do this a couple months ago and then switch it back?  It makes no sense.  Having to follow all the artists, no alphabetical order?  Sorting it by albums, does anyone really use that?  

We will see what apple music layout is like.  

So, given the reason that it drives me mad to leave change in the hands of others I want to note I fixed my issue by:

1st - Disabling auto updates.

2nd - Uninstalling this worthless version 3rd - Troll the depths of the web to find previous versions of the app.  "8.4.98.892"

4th - Install and enjoy glorious alphabetized music.

You can't actually search by artists in the Artist tab unless you first Follow the artists. I don't want to Follow the artists! The platform should simply provide a list of those Artists whose Albums I've added, period. It's not complicated.

As many others have stated, I like being able to scroll through the Artists in my library and pick one to listen to, without having to scroll through every Album of every Artist to make my decision. Or at the very least, give me a way to jump through the alphabet.

Agreed! Most of the artists/albums I had in my library before (by syncing with PC) are gone and where is the song list!?

SWITCH IT BACK!

The new layout is absolute trash.

1. Why is playlists the first thing when I go into my library. I don't listen to playlists, I listen to artists. You've added a step in me

2. Removing recently played is just weird. Why? Seriously, why? Did you user test this? It seems like it was made by some design head with no actual usage data behind it because it looks good but doesn't function as a user experience.

3. I had a big phone... yet I can only see 6 artists at one time when I'm looking at the list. This is really annoying. My phone is massive and yet I can only see 6 artists at a time. absolute dog do.

Coul you make it so the layout is optional? or at least make it so that whatever the user uses actually gets pushed forward. For example is someone only listens to podcasts then when they hit My Library, they should be immediately in Podcasts. I should never see playlists or be pushed into them for example.

Please revert. This is such a poor user experience its the first time I'm thinking of switching. It's unusable.

It's so annoying to have to move from playlists every single time I open the app. Garabage fire of an update.

This makes absolutely no sense. Listen to your users and switch it back

Absolutely horrible update, as a premium member I can assure Spotify that I'll not be extending my payments if this doesn't get rolled back/fixed. If it ain't broke don't 'fix' it.

A classic case of fixing something that isn't bust! The added value to this exercise is ZERO! Furthermore, if it is now necessary to "follow" an artist to have it saved to the list (why is this necessary, one may legitimately ask), the least you could have done is to introduce a "follow all" button instead of us having to waste time confirming each artist individually. Additionally, I discovered this problem today, out of the blue, only by joining this community support page. You could have made a general annoucement so as to not catch people by surprise. This entire process has been a failure. A failure in concept, implementation and communication. I hope you guys think next time you implement an upgrade. Remember, an upgrade is supposed to be user friendly to your clients!   

Hey NiteOwl, can you provide instructions for how to roll this app back? 

Yep. I cancelled. Switching to Deezer. 

I agree this update is atrocious. I listen to my music from my liked songs playlist. When I save the album, it saves the album to my Liked songs out of order. Usually I'm not a stickler for this, but with Tyler the Creator's new album you kind of have to listen to it in order because it takes you through an entire process.

Switch it back. The old way wasn't bad at all.

By the way to remedy this, I had to go to the album and like the songs in the order that it should be in instead of just clicking save and having it all save to my liked songs in its correct order.

The new "Your Library" is atrocious.  There's extra steps for no reason.  The "artists" page no longer has a way to jump to any letter to quickly get to an artist.  I follow hundreds of bands and hate to have to scroll forever to get to "z".  The layout only allows for (6) artists to be displayed at one time.   How do you call this an update?  It's a definite downgrade.   Please, at the very least, add the letters back on the righhand side so that I can quickly jump to any letter in the alphabet.  I use this app roughly 8 hours a day at work.  I'm an album guy, I want to quickly get to an artist and select an album.  This shouldn't be this hard.  This is worse than the oldest iPod.  

Also, make a way to turn off the stupid song visualizations.  They are cool once, after that, they are annoying and just adds an extra step to see what the song is called, pause it, skip it, etc.   

People wanna hear music not stare at a looping video...

I am so angry, I absolutely hate the new library configuration. Where is my podcast list? I used to sing Spotify’s praises but it’s useless to me without easy access to my podcasts and music lists. With other competing platforms this won’t go well for them. Change it back!! 

Suggested posts