Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New user probs?

New user probs?

Hi there,

started my spotify experience about 2-3 days ago, and here are all my probs, maybe there are some ideas what to do...

The situation:

Mobile device is a SAMSUNG Galaxy S2 with fresh andoid 4.0.3.

Only Linux at home, so I installed the Spotify windows client on my desktop at work (hope my boss does not recognize) - I found a topic that there is a Linux version of the client, but only for paying users - big disadvantage.

Login with the FB credentials worked - but a strange situation... Still does not understand, why to have to do this that way, why it is not possible to create a spotify account without FB...

Installed the andoird app with google play - worked.

Started creating a playlist - app crashes after every single addition of a song. Not nice.

Added more songs to the playlist with the windows client - worked.

After some hours of playing around, spotify started to make fun for me - but then.,,

Yesterday I wanted to listen to the created playlist while I did my workout, I use the endomono app (with a zephyr hrm bluetooth device) for monitoring the trainig - after selecting any song from the playlist in spotify there was a "info" window which was almost unable to read, cause the space for the messgae within the window was only half the height of a textline; scrolling the info text ewas also almost impossible, I could onyl recognize some single words (stream ... ony ... premium) - no idea what happened.

Tried it later again, endomondo was not running any more, same situation.

Tried it today, same situation; and as then it is recommended "alays" I removed spotify and reinstalled it through google play, the first about 5 starts there was a error 403 (while internet connection was working, of course), after that there was the "error 410" problem (no logion with facebook credentials possible) - and thats all.

So I got a broken app and/or service, so I decidede that I could also try the spotify beta for android; removed the installed version, downloaded the beta, installed it; logion with FB credentials worked again - but now I get the error message that my free trial has expired - I thought I could use spotify unlimited for about 6 month and not only 6 hours???

Has any body any idea what went wrong, what do I have to do to make it just work (without creating a premium account, of course, and without resetting anything at my FB account; that one is still working fine)?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Martin

P.S.: If there are already threads regaring my probs I have to applogize for double posting; it would be very nice if somebody could point me to that and the solutions.

1 Reply

To use Spotify on mobile, you are required to have a paid subscription. Logging in with the mobile app automatically gave you a 48 hour free Spotify Premium trial. You can extend this further with the free 30 day trial. Credit card info required to activate.

www.spotify.com/freetrial/

The "free six months" means that you can use Spotify for free on Windows and Mac for six months with ads. Then there will be a limit of 10 hours per month and some countries also have a limit of 5 plays per track. United States is currently an exception: they are still unlimited although this is not going to last forever.

Suggested posts