Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Newbie Reading Posts Mentioning Lousy Customer Service

Newbie Reading Posts Mentioning Lousy Customer Service

Hello,

I just joined under the free 30 day premium offer and I am really nervous seeing the posts that mention lousy customer service. That makes me very very nervous.  Is that still the case?

6 Replies

The only lousy customer service I've seen is that people are having problems canceling their subscription because of the Facebook requirement for new users. Support really doesn't want to cancel subscriptions manually (possibly trying to take your money) they instead insist that you do it yourself with their faulty website.

The subscription canceling problem is caused by the website asking you for a Spotify password, which does not exist if you're using Facebook to log in. However, it doesn't happen to everyone! If you ever have the feeling that you don't want to pay, make sure you cancel long before the billing date so you can deal with support in time.

When I joined yesterday under facebook, it didn't recognize my password so I had to change my facebook password. Is that what you mean? Also, if I want to save playlists, can I do it under my name of contessaktty or any other name? I don't feel comfortable using my real name instead of a user name like contessakitty.

Thanks for your help!

When registered with Facebook, you are forced to be connected to Facebook and also you are forced to use your Facebook real or not name. There is no username with this integration, just numbers. The old users can use a username in playlists (disconnected from Facebook or not connected at all to Face**bleep**).

You will have to use your real name. You may see some playlists from usernames: only old users who registered before September 22nd 2011 can have a username inside Spotify.

Good luck if you ever have a tech problem or a billing problem.  The customer service is appaling.

Thass - That's a bit unfair. Have you tried the steps our advisors suggested? Could you also make sure you're using the 'tinahassler' username to log in. You appear to have two accounts.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts