Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Newly joined

Solved!

Newly joined

Is there a way to search for specific songs on Spotify. If so, could someone tell me how?

Thanks, Leeflea.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You can see a Spotify icon on desktop or in Windows Start view. However if you unsure where is a icon, you can install Spotify again, so Spotify create a new icon then. 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

You should see a Spotify icon in this view. Just click this.

spotify.png

If you do not see this icon here, just re-install Spotify eg. Double click a Spotify installer you downloaded before and Spotify create then this Spotify icon again for you in no time.

Marked as solution

Do you see this Spotify icon in your start view? If, just click it, then Spotify should open for you. Then in Spotify you can search for music.

spotify_path.png

Spotify icon also here, just navigate to Spotify folder.

add_to_start.png

Now just add it to Start view.

spotify_album.png

Then just listen music you like. Search bar is in top.

27 Replies

sorry its all random... 

JJK 😛 search box?

Leeflea09 - Spotify is an application, which means it doesn't play though a browser like Chrome or Firefox.

Once you've created your account, you’ll be able to download Spotify from http://www.spotify.com/download/

You can install Spotify on as many computers as you like.

Once you've installed the Spotify software, and launched it for the first time, simply enter your Spotify details and start listening!

Remember - you can log in to your Spotify account on any copy of Spotify. If you're using someone else’s copy, make sure you log out when you’ve finished.

The Spotify search box will be in the top left corner of the Spotify application. Just search for the artist you're after, and they should pop up.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Sam, thank you for the information on Spotify. What I need to know please is how to I verify that I've done all the downloading necessary?

Thanks,

Lee

leeflea2009

Are you running on Windows or Mac?

Just download the installer from the link that Sam posted above, run it and wait for it to install and then launch the program. You will see the search box in the top right of the application window

Dave
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Once you've downloaded and installed the Spotify software, it will open up and you will be prompted to login. Just log in with the username 'leaflea2009' and your Spotify password, and you should get in. You'll then be able to listen to a whole load of awesome music.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thank you. I'll do that but Spotify is listed in my programs list. Should I still download?

Sorry, I forgot. I am running Windows. Leeflea

Marked as solution

You can see a Spotify icon on desktop or in Windows Start view. However if you unsure where is a icon, you can install Spotify again, so Spotify create a new icon then. 🙂

licenced, Sam, I just installed the link provided and I do indeed see a difference. Thanks. Please be patient with me. As a former Registered Nurse, I can take care of the sickest of the sick but at my age of 55 when it comes to computer issues, I'm a fool.

Leeflea.

Have you got it working now?

Let us know if any issue
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Thank you hpguru, I did install as as I wrote above, I can see a difference. I'd upgrade to Premium if I weren't practically a pauper. LOL. Leeflea.

Marked as solution

You should see a Spotify icon in this view. Just click this.

spotify.png

If you do not see this icon here, just re-install Spotify eg. Double click a Spotify installer you downloaded before and Spotify create then this Spotify icon again for you in no time.

Sorry, as I said, I'm a fool with computer so I don't understand "JJk*search box. Might you explain this to me? Leeflea

Just did so and now I see it. Thanks.

One more thing please before I take my Xanax, what are macros and why should I consider them? Leeflea

Marked as solution

Do you see this Spotify icon in your start view? If, just click it, then Spotify should open for you. Then in Spotify you can search for music.

spotify_path.png

Spotify icon also here, just navigate to Spotify folder.

add_to_start.png

Now just add it to Start view.

spotify_album.png

Then just listen music you like. Search bar is in top.

You can also change settings in Preferences, just go Edit - Preferences or CTRL + P.

There you can activate for example Extreme sound quality or disable Buy buttons in Premium.

Keyboard macros allow short sequences of keystrokes and mouse actions to be transformed into other, usually more time-consuming, sequences of keystrokes. For example in Spotify with CTRL and P you can go in no time to Settings.

You can listen any track by double-click it eg. click track name twice with your mouse.

spotify search.png

Thank you licenced, indeed it it. I'll have time to check it out more just as soon as I get my orchids watered/fed. Where I live, the temperature/humidity is so high they need more water than usual. Just hope we get a mild hurricane soon but without it causing any damage ad Katrina did in '05. That was just entirely too bad.

Again, I appreciate your helping me with this and if I may, I might call upon you in the future for further questions if you don't mind.

Leeflea.

P.S. I'll find my Twitter acct. name and post to you.

Suggested posts