Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Display Name

No Display Name

1. Plan

Free

Country

Indonesia

Device

(Oppo, laptop)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android , Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Plan

Free

Country

Indonesia

Device

(Oppo, windows 10)

This is the forth time I'm trying to post something in this buggy website, pls this time make it work.

So here is my problem:

I created my account yesterday, with my email, I've done verify through email and all that, and i'm clearly remember in the sign up process they ask me what's my name is, this name will be a display name in spotify, so yeah i type my name and confirm. But no display name is actually surface, only username with that weird long words and number. But not display name, and someone in this community suggest make a new account maybe there is a error in the sign up process, so I did with a new email, the sign up again ask me what's my name to be display, I type my name and the display name still gone, just username.

WHERE IS MY NAME? I'M LOG IN EVERYWHERE THROUGH MY PHONE, MY SPOTIFY APP IN LAPTOP, THROUGH BROWSER EVERYTHING BUT ITS STILL GONE.

5 Replies

hi @adam891 

Please see this link to learn more about usernames in spotify.

Let me know if it helps!

Daniel i'm sorry to ask this but are you a real human or a bot? This is the answer someone gave me already in other thread, its the same, like I said they ask me what's my name, I type, no display name only username with that weird words and numbers. I even make a new account with different email, different name, but it all still the same

@adam891 

I am a human 🙂 not a bot. Display name can be seen when you create playlists etc. It will show: created by "username" and not the username that you will use to sign in.

Hope that clarifies.

No man it still like, created by 21122gwaffasess

Hey @adam891,

Sorry to hear you didn't get the display name you wanted and ended up only with a username.

Make sure you check this Ongoing Issue. It contains further steps on what to do in this situation. 

We advise you to add your vote there by clicking on +VOTE. Feel free to also subscribe to get relevant updates on this. 

Let us know if you need further help!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts