No ''My Year in Music 2016'' ?

Solved!
2 people liked this

Re: No ''My Year in Music 2016'' ?

JamieWahl

Just want to share feedback on how dissapointed I am that there isn't 'Your Year in Music' for 2016. It was one of the best features which I looked forward to all year.. There are some of us who know what we want to listen to and are not looking for recommendations like this new feature offers.

I don't understand why you would cut it and I'd consider cancelling my premium account if it isn't brough back for next year

4 people liked this

Ellallala
bring year in music back next year, this was just lazy of you all. i was looking forward to year in music since january, it's the only reason i even bother using spotify premium; youtube and soundcloud are free you know! at least make stats available monthly and more specified in the next update.

MaxieWoxy
Roadie

If it's the only reason you have Spotify premium, then why are you paying for something you can get for free?

1 person liked this

juicemcpatterso
Music Fan

@MaxieWoxy good question, why do people pay for Spotify Premium?

1.  Access to playlists on mobile

2.  No ads while playing music (though Spotify appears to be encouraging people to get email ads via the 'wrapped' email)

3. Applications and services that add value to the music - things like social aspects, sharing paylists, better music discovery, 3rd party apps, stats

When 1 and 2 are available everywhere else for the same price or free, they can't be used as a reason alone to pay for Spotify. And when items in #3 are fast disappearing?

You can make someone sound silly by saying they only care about stats, but without such services you are right, what are we paying for?

MaxieWoxy
Roadie

My point is, if you are paying for Spotify simply for stats it doesn't make any sense. Stats are available for free via Last.fm. And they are way better than what Spotify has done in the past.

Highlighted

kaitlynleah
If I update my email preferences, can I get my results emailed to me now?

djdon77
Roadie
Unfortunately, no!" Spotify has stated you had to have your notifications
turned on by December 18th, to receive your stats!
1 person liked this

jblattnerNYC
Roadie

I HAVE been scrobbling my Spotify plays to Last.FM. The Last.FM "Year in Music" is GARBAGE when compared to Spotify's Year in Music for 2014 and 2015. Stop compensating the lack of a year in music (and annual analytics within Spotify) with that scrobbles per day Last.FM bullcrap. People want a true Year in Music for 2016 - not 2016 Wrapped - not a crappy e-mail - and certainly not an account for a third party service.

Re: No ''My Year in Music 2016''

MaxieWoxy
Roadie
That's crazy. Last.fm's year in music blows away what Spotify used to call
a year in music. Last.fm gives you not only top artists., top albums, and
top songs (which is about where Spotify pathetically stopped), it also
gives you:

- all the above sliced by any date range you want
- amount of new artists listened to
- breakdown by genre
- analytics by time of day
- analytics by day of week
3 people liked this

hjhavens
Will year in music happen again in 2017? I listened to sooooo much music this year and was excited to see the total amount since I had a terrible job so I just listened to music all day.
SUGGESTED POSTS